Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asr

Response plus vs. XN10

Hi, amy one who has had a chance to use both..is the xn10 worth another 30+? I have been to the websitem and the onley differences that i can find is in the weight, and they dont say if the xn10 has the 11' taper that the response plus has. I am looking for MAXimum kick [ i have a weak shot]. Thanks!!! Also, anyone seen a better deal then 129 on response plus? [nash whip]

thanks again!!

asr

Differen't materials. The Xn10 is supposed to be more durable. I have not used the Response +, but love the Xn10. I believe in another thread the Xn10 is on sale for $129.99 as well.

I haven't used a Response Plus, but when I was using an XN10, being an Intermediate it was really light. It broke after a few games, but some 300 pound monster broke it, so I guess durability wasn't much of a factor. But, one thing that I did like about it was the weight, and the blade definetely kept its stiffness for the amount of pucks I was shooting and handling at the time.

I have used both and the only difference is the shaft......If you like the old response shaft then you should get the R+. I personally like both but prefer my R+ because of it being a more stiffer flex.......and remember, a stick wont solve your shooting power. Practice your motion and strenghen your forearm and wrist muscles

maybe you should make a wrist roller. if you have a broken stick cut it down to like 20 inches and than take a drill and drill a hold in the middle and out some very strong rope thro it and than go get a 5 or 10 pound weight with a hole in the middle and put the rope thro it and tie it off than for like 10 15 minutes aday roll it up and down and it should help loads. Also get a shooting board (they are like 25 dollars usd at peranis) and if you have an old matress that would be ideal so ther is no noise when it hits it but if not a tarp with some weight in the bottom and hang in your garage and just take shots on it

hope this all made sence lol

maybe you should make a wrist roller. if you have a broken stick cut it down to like 20 inches and than take a drill and drill a hold in the middle and out some very strong rope thro it and than go get a 5 or 10 pound weight with a hole in the middle and put the rope thro it and tie it off than for like 10 15 minutes aday roll it up and down and it should help loads. Also get a shooting board (they are like 25 dollars usd at peranis) and if you have an old matress that would be ideal so ther is no noise when it hits it but if not a tarp with some weight in the bottom and hang in your garage and just take shots on it

hope this all made sence lol

this works extrememly well BTW.....ive been doing it for a while and have noticed a significate difference in my shot power :)

I have used both and the only difference is the shaft......If you like the old response shaft then you should get the R+. I personally like both but prefer my R+ because of it being a more stiffer flex.......and remember, a stick wont solve your shooting power. Practice your motion and strenghen your forearm and wrist muscles

The lower kickpoint is what gives it the extra zip. Of course it also takes away some of the accuracy. I find the R+ regular flex is closest to the XN10 S flex. If you need the extra zip on your shot the XN10R flex may help, or you could go with teh R+ whip flex. Personally I like the balance of the R+ more.

I prefer the XN10 solely for the shaft shape. I have always been a big fan of the double concave. I do notice a little bit different feel in the shaft of the two sticks and the XN10 is a little lighter but on the whole, there's not a ton of difference to me. As long as the pattern and flex is right I'll happily use either.

In general, it´s a much better idea to try and improve your shot power by getting stronger. Also, it better conforms to the athlete´s mentality. Try pullups, fingertip pushups, stiffleg deadlifts if you can get to a gym, and squats (heavy leg work will improve all power aspects of the game). I personally think both sticks are too lite, but that´s just me.

Wrists and forearms are the most important muscles for shooting, lets not get into this yet again.

Not peckin a fight, just talkin from experience. I started to improve much faster when I started working out more, playing about the same amount before and after. Get the R+

From my knowledge the original yellow/gold Response is nothing in terms of shaft wise similiar to the new Response Plus. The shaft s concave on the Response+, while the yellow Response had a small box shape. The blades are also very different. It took me about a month to get used to the Response + coming form the old yellow/gold Response.

well...from the ads...it says that the xn10 has "amorphous carbon" or something like that in their shafts for "more active kick" and "fast puck response". I think the R+ is just a response shaft fused to a fancier blade, something the XN10 has. Personally I think the R+ is the way to go. Looks so much better :lol: .

The xn10's shaft is too light for its blade. The response+, which shares its blade with the xn10, is one of the most balanced sticks that I've ever held. I'm down with the new composite technology in the xn10 but I personally would get a response+ until they create a xn10 blade that is light enough to match the weight of its shaft.