Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruin88

stealth vs xn10

other then the thinner blade ,composite plug and not so concave shape on the stealth what are the main differences between the stealth and xn10?

I didnt have much luck with durability of the XN10, I had three and loved all of them. So far the stealth has been holding up fine (retail, from peranis), I was dissapointed that it didnt come with the ztac blade but other than Im pretty happy with it. They are both nice sticks, so either one you chose should be fine.

Everyone that I know that use stealths have reported back that they've held up fine. They are both nice sticks, and like said above the materials are different. The XN10 is probably balenced just a tad better.

XN10 has a stiffer blade, that is a tad more durable. However the taper on the XN10 is suspect to alot of breakage. The Stealth is easier to maneuver around a little better, but it does not have the same "kick" when shooting. In retail versions the Stealth is a little to light in the shaft, and plays more like a light stick in the corners.

I'm also a little more partial to TPS because they came out with the XN10 almost an entire year earlier than Easton--they were the first to introduce a 395 gram opc.

XN10 has a stiffer blade, that is a tad more durable. However the taper on the XN10 is suspect to alot of breakage. The Stealth is easier to maneuver around a little better, but it does not have the same "kick" when shooting. In retail versions the Stealth is a little to light in the shaft, and plays more like a light stick in the corners.

I'm also a little more partial to TPS because they came out with the XN10 almost an entire year earlier than Easton--they were the first to introduce a 395 gram opc.

I'm sorry if i take 'partial' wrong but, wouldn't the stealth techinicall be a more sound stick since Easton had acess to an xn10 when they were making the stealth and had more time to improve over it. If i took what you meant wrong i'm sorry.

But you don't know when Easton started working on it. They might have been developing it before the XN10 came out.

XN10 has a stiffer blade, that is a tad more durable.  However the taper on the XN10 is suspect to alot of breakage.  The Stealth is easier to maneuver around a little better, but it does not have the same "kick" when shooting.  In retail versions the Stealth is a little to light in the shaft, and plays more like a light stick in the corners. 

I'm sorry if i take 'partial' wrong but, wouldn't the stealth techinicall be a more sound stick since Easton had acess to an xn10 when they were making the stealth and had more time to improve over it. If i took what you meant wrong i'm sorry.

They are two entirely different sticks. The shafts are made of different materials; the shaft shapes are entirely different. The same for the blades. With all Eastons money and resources you think they would've come out with the first 395 gram opc. "Partial" meaning: I commend TPS for giving the retail consumer market a 395 gram opc before all other manufs', especially Easton--due to all of their resources and domination of the opc market over the last four years.

The difference as I see it is the selections. With the Stealth you get four different choices of curves and no selection with flex. With the XN10 you get 6 curve choices in 3 senior flexes, 1 int., and 1 jr. Plus pro stock XN10s are much easier to come by, not to mention much more affordable. If the Stealth is a better stick (I don't know, I haven't tried it), you don't get much to choose from, so odds are you will be sacraficing something, whether it be curve, flex, or both.

What'd you think about the balance? To me, balance is much more important than overall weight. I'd rather have a stick thats slightly heavier but well balanced than one that is light but blade heavy.

I just got back from the my LHS and held both in my hands. And from what I could feel, the stealth was lighter.

Its the composite buttend.

Actually the balance felt maybe the SLIGHtest bit better but dont get me wrong, it IS well balanced. But the thing that really shocked me was the weight; i mean, who woulda thought they could make a lighter stick. I also really liked the fade to chrome at the blade. very sharp.

What'd you think about the balance? To me, balance is much more important than overall weight. I'd rather have a stick thats slightly heavier but well balanced than one that is light but blade heavy.

Very True, my friend has a Stealth and I compared it to my TPS Redlite XN10/X-1 combo and it is better balanced than his Stealth. Although the Stealth's overall shaft felt lighter, I prefered the balance. The only thing that is holding me back from getting a Stealth has to be the flex. I know it feels whippier than a "100 flex" but I will have to see if the flexes stay consistently whippier.

Thats what I thought when I first picked up the stick, but they are the same weight, its just the buttend

Free if you bring your heatgun to your LHS and take it out, or you can just buy one, take it out, and then just b ring it back.

Ahh, but ye is paying for a product. Thy is not walking awayith with it. Thy has forgotten to replace thy buttend on ye stick.

I think the weight has to do with more than just the buttend... it's definetely lighter, even if I took the buttend out of an xn10 and left it in a stealth, the stealth would still be lighter...

Well, the "offical way" to measure the weight of a stick is without a buttend and at 52", so, that would mean that the has more weight in the XN10 top of the stick, I guess?