Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NZblackice

Higher education?

Does anyone know how I would go about getting accepted into a university in the USA grades wise? Since I have lived in NZ I have not sat my S.A.T's or anything like that because in NZ we have a completely different education system. Does anyone have any experience on maybe studying and sitting S.A.T's or doing any other catch up courses while playing junior hockey?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

There are plenty of independent out of school SAT help classes in the USA. To be honest though I am not really sure about the pricing on them.

SAT prep courses can be rather expensive, there are a lot of self help courses out there to prep for the SAT. I might also recommend taking the ACT, it's a little more comprehensive as tests go (your score is divided into four areas, instead of two).

Know the schools you want to apply to also. They may also consider ACT test scores instead of SAT. At most places, your essay will hold a lot of weight. Even larger public schools are placing greater emphasis on essays (including where I work). There are plenty of self-help study books at your local bookstore for those tests. I like the ones with the sample test, personally.