Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SouthPaw

Logo removal

Actually, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works really well. You just have to be willing to take the time to sit down and scrub, and scrub, and scrub. It leaves the plastic a bit of a matte finish, but no scratches.

Rubbing alcohol and Goo Gone are good. Put some on, let it sit, repeat. I also use a little heat from my heat gun. Not too much because you will burn the plastic. Just a couple seconds to heat up the adhesive, then pull on the sticker, apply Goo Gone/Alcohol. It'll come right off and you won't have residue.

Doesn't doing any of that void the certifications of your helmet?

Not so much "voided" as "cant prove its still certified" really.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as the helmet itself is a model that is certified, logo or not, it's certified. However, I do know some leagues, especially for little guys, like to see all the proper stickers during gameplay.

I was referring to brand logos but I may take of the CSA etc stickers too. I was looking for a total polished looking black helmet. It is a Mission Intake Fusion with a half visor. I'm not too concerned about certification.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as the helmet itself is a model that is certified, logo or not, it's certified. However, I do know some leagues, especially for little guys, like to see all the proper stickers during gameplay.

Yeah but a Cooper helmet that was certified in '96 is not good to use anymore that's why they have a sticker that says your helmet is no longer valid ''than the end of'' whatever year. That being said I have never seen a ref give a penalty or anything because of missing stickers