Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invert

Eschelon's new quad-pour wheel

I just bought a set of the Apocalypse based on the postive feedback on the forum and the decent price point for a top end wheel.

Amazingly disappointed.

I am not a the best skater (in terms of speed or an aggressive style) yet the back wheel's pink strip has worn down already on both sides .... after a single 60 minute skate on sports court.

Where the pink bit joins the rest of the wheel, there is now a noticable ridge/lip which seemed to then make the wheels slide. It looks like layers of the pink have been peeled away, thus leaving the ridge, which is clearly visable to the eye.

The front 3 on each skate were fine, but again felt slippy rather than grippy, from when I first skated. When the back wheels wore down, the slippiness just seemed to get worse.

Rink Rat Hornets and Addictions last usually 4-5 months for me, playing 2 or 3 times a week, so it is not even a close comparison that would mean it is something drastically wrong my skating style.

You have to try new things, but back to Addictions for me I am afraid ... I am sorry I ever left you!!!!

Were you on ice court? Also how much do you weigh?

No I was on Sportscourt and I weight about 160, so well inside what that wheel should cope with!

As both back wheels did this, I assumed I wasn't unlucky enough to get two bad ones and happen to put both of those on the back wheel space of each boot.

No I was on Sportscourt and I weight about 160, so well inside what that wheel should cope with!

As both back wheels did this, I assumed I wasn't unlucky enough to get two bad ones and happen to put both of those on the back wheel space of each boot.

I had the same results with the apocalypse wheels. I skated on them once for about a hour and a half, just testing the wheel.I did like the grip and the way they performed.but like you said the pink wore down faster then the yellow,there was one wheel that looked like it will split in due time.although Ive been off my skates due to an injury, I'll have to wait to see how long they would last skate after skate.Unless you try some wheels yourself,you wont know what wheel is good for your skating style.

The printing on the wheels wore off for me really fast, however the wheel did not wear for me. Seems kind of odd considering that I am 6' 190 lbs. Maybe it is my skating style. I usually blow through Rink Rats and Dynasty's really fast and this wheel has been very good to me.

Weird.

I guess it is different for everyone.