Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Hockey Shops in San Jose?

Power Play Hockey, right by the Shark Tank. Prices aren't great, but last I checked they had a great selection of shafts and blades. They even had some old Easton Z-Bubbles and Ultra Lites. Hockey X Sport in Oakland is a bit of a drive but has a good selection and very good prices.

Power Play Hockey, right by the Shark Tank. Prices aren't great, but last I checked they had a great selection of shafts and blades. They even had some old Easton Z-Bubbles and Ultra Lites. Hockey X Sport in Oakland is a bit of a drive but has a good selection and very good prices.

+1 perfect answer

Power play > then hockey X for composite blades blades and older shafts

Hockey X > then powerplay for EVERYTHING else including wood blades and newer shafts...

The only hockey shops in the Bay Area, closest to furthest from San Jose, are:

Power Play Hockey, Sharks Ice San Jose, East West Hockey South, Sharks Ice Fremont, Hockey X Sport, and East West Hockey Redwood City.

EWH doesn't have anything! I've been there 4 times in the last year or so. Every trip, their inventory dwindles. This last trip, about 2 months ago, they had (not exaggerating) 10 RH sticks, at best 25 LH sticks, about 10 pairs of gloves on the wall and a smattering of junior protective. It was depressing. I wouldn't even bother.

Go to Xsport. You will not be disappointed.

Also hockey xsport is much further from San Jose then EWH redwood city.

Not if you're going there from Fremont. My bad for not being more clear.

I've actually driven this route when I've been totally desperate to find some new piece of hockey gear, and a whole day to kill some time. :laugh:

I was going to post this exact thread.. I assume M sports is gone? I heard that power play always has a lot of older over priced items and the pro shop at Sharksice is really expensive. So is X sport the best option?

X sport is in the middle of re-organizing their entire store. It looked like two-thirds is done and it's great. Much more effective use of space with shelving and multiple racks holding gear. Given it's a warehouse and the ceilings are high, they're going to be able to stock up a lot more gear in the racks that reach toward the ceiling.

I was going to post this exact thread.. I assume M sports is gone? I heard that power play always has a lot of older over priced items and the pro shop at Sharksice is really expensive. So is X sport the best option?

M-Sports is gone. Power Play is a little bit pricey, but a good selection, comparable to Hockey X-Sport. Sharks Ice has a small inventory, but not any more expensive than Hockey X-Sport.

M-Sports is gone. Power Play is a little bit pricey, but a good selection, comparable to Hockey X-Sport. Sharks Ice has a small inventory, but not any more expensive than Hockey X-Sport.

X-sport will match online prices if you bring in a print out of the online price. They will usually add shipping to it though. They do not always advertise this, but if you bring it up they will match prices. Hope this helps.

Went to Hockey X-Sport to try to take advantage of the strong Canadian dollar. Good selection and pretty good prices. Almost bought some skates, but at this time of year they didn't have my size.

Hockey X-Sport is definitely the best shop in the bay area, inventory is relatively full (compared to East/West hockey) and prices are decent. For those in San Jose that don't like to get ripped off at Power Play, there is Rollin Ice for basic needs such as sticks and gloves (prices are standard and inventory is pretty new). Obviously, there are no ice skates there. Also, if you're in the bay area and know what you want already, ordering from Icewarehouse is pretty quick too as they are in San Luis Obispo. Some of my orders have shown up in 2 days for standard ground shipping.

Here is an update on bay area local hockey shops:

Hockey X Sport

210 Hegenberger Loop

Oakland, CA . 94621

Their shop has the best selection and pricing for the area. The staff is helpful and plentiful, but not as experienced as other places.

All Star Hockey

3140 Bay Road

Redwood City CA, 94063

Shop is located inside of Ice Oasis. They carry a lot of Warrior gear but is a small shop. They do a great job on sharpenings and skate repairs.

Power Play Hockey

87 S. Autumn St

San Jose, CA 95110

The have a big shop, but lots of older gear. Prices tend to be MSRP. They can do sharpenings and repairs but can be slow and is not always staffed

San Jose Skate and Profiling

1535 S 10th St

San Jose, CA 95112

Run by the former owner of East West Hockey. It's located across the street from Sharks ice. This is the place in the south bay to get your skates sharpened/repaired.

Inline Sports

1600 Duane Ave

Santa Clara, CA 95054

I am not even sure if this should be captured in this list. It's both a hockey store and a patio furniture store. They have mostly old low end equipment.

Sharks Ice San Jose

1500 S 10th St

San Jose, CA 95112

Standard rink pro shop. They can do sharpenings, but you are better off going across the street. They have high prices and terrible service

Sharks Ice Fremont

44388 Old Warm Springs Blvd

Fremont, CA 94538

Similar to Sharks ice with a smaller shop

Oakland Ice

519 18th Street

Oakland, CA 94612

Run by Sharks Ice with the same quality/pricing

Mobile Goalie Repair

1 (408) 373-1374

As they are mobile, they have no address. They do have a facebook page which also has their e-mail address. I haven't had any experience with them.

After that, you can also get equipment for the standard big boxes at Big 5 and Play it Again. Their selections tend to be poor.