Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NextBobbyOrr

Base Hockey

Hey everyone. So I've recently been interested in the company Base Hockey. WheelSnipeParty on youtube got them and did videos on it. I've seen their website and facebook page, I'm pretty interested. Has anybody tried them, knows anybody who has? Or any thoughts on it that you guys have. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

I went down to Base last week and tried out their sticks. They're very well made and reasonably priced. One thing that I experienced was the blade naturally dampens pucks when you're receiving passes (no need to cradle the puck.) When I switched back to my existing stick the puck started bouncing when I didn't cradle it. Base posted a video of me passing with Cliff a few days ago which shows this. Overall, the balance and feel of the sticks were very good.

Right now you can customize the usual (colors, curve, lie, flex, grip/no grip), later on they will be getting into more things such as different shaft profiles, blade finishes, you name it.

I placed an order with them and it's not very often you'd be able to get shooting tips from a former NHLer and see yourself shooting in super slow motion video.

Haha no way!! I saw that video! Are you the guy with the Bauer skates and Eagle gloves(I think?). I think the blade profile/blade finishes might be out already. WheelSnipeParty got a "sandpaper" finish on theirs. So how was the stick for shooting?? And where is the kickpoint?? Because when watching another video, the stick had a high point. And my final question, would cliff Ronning actually help you out and give you tips?? Thanks for helping if you can, and sorry for unloading a barrage of questions on you.

The custom shaft profiles are not out yet, but they are in the plans for the future. Similar to what other companies have on their pro stocks like concave/convex, rounded, or boxy shafts.

I saw that video about the sandpaper blade finish as well but when I ordered my stick, blade finishes were not one of the options. All the sticks I took for a test drive had the same "sandpaper" finish that you'd find on some pro stock ONE95s so I'm not sure what other finishes they'd offer at this time.

The stick is well balanced and responsive, it feels like a mid-mid low kick point.

Cliff would give you pointers when you're shooting as well as reviewing your video. Some things he pointed out for me was I'm not loading the puck up far back enough and I'm shooting with my blade too open.

Best thing to do is to call up Base, schedule an appointment and try it out for yourself. They told me they're thinking about doing a special for when they open to the public where you can put your fitting fee towards the purchase of a stick so essentially your fitting is free.

If this company continues at the pace they're currently going, they're in for massive things. Several places have mentioned that their sticks have entry into the NHL this year. And they've got the background personnel to really produce great sticks:

President and Co-Founder Ron Kunisaki: Founder of Innovative

Vice-President and Co-Founder Cliff Ronning: Previous NHLer

Vice President of Marketing Holmes Ghassemi: The famous man who developed the Synergy and Stealth for Easton before leaving for Warrior and supposedly (and illegally) stealing many of Easton's files

They're offering custom sticks through the use of curves, flexes, blades, lies, finishes, grips, colors, and as others mentioned, shaft profiles in the future. Supposedly very light and some of those who've used the sticks like them better than any other they've tried before, including the One95, X60, SE16, S19, etc.

I would most definitely try one of these out.

Thanks for the help guys. I wanna call them first thing in the morning. If they can pull of the kind of stick I want, and at those prices, they'll have a long time customer. It'll be pretty cool.

Cliff was saying he is putting together the best team possible for Base. Al Iafrate is also on board as a pro rep.

Base sticks (minus the logo) will be in the NHL next year. Mike Green and Paul Gaustad are among some of the NHLers trying out Base right now.

Cliff was saying he is putting together the best team possible for Base. Al Iafrate is also on board as a pro rep.

Base sticks (minus the logo) will be in the NHL next year. Mike Green and Paul Gaustad are among some of the NHLers trying out Base right now.

Mike Green to eh?? That says a good bit. Plus Jordan Weal too. Hey, just wondering, how'd you order your stick? Like what specifications did you get(curve, lie, etc.)

Are all of Warrior's employees jumping ship or what?

Seems many of Base's employees or reps are or were once involved recently with Warrior.

Are all of Warrior's employees jumping ship or what?

Seems many of Base's employees or reps are or were once involved recently with Warrior.

Wasn't Al Iafraite with them too? I heard that he's a part of Base now. I think I recall his name mentioned on the ads for the Warrior sticks at HockeyMonkey.com?? Am I correct or just totally off..

Wasn't Al Iafraite with them too? I heard that he's a part of Base now. I think I recall his name mentioned on the ads for the Warrior sticks at HockeyMonkey.com?? Am I correct or just totally off..

Yes, Iafrate has been a Warrior rep for a while now.

Hmm. Go figure. Say when you mentioned shaft profiles in the "future", would 2 months be a fair guess??

The only knowledge I have of the company is based off of what I've read online in various spots. I wouldn't pin a direct timeline on anything they're doing at this point.

The only knowledge I have of the company is based off of what I've read online in various spots. I wouldn't pin a direct timeline on anything they're doing at this point.

Dang. I'll most likely be picking some up by October. Any chance you could post the links you were reading?

Hmmmm very interesting to see where this company might go, I wouldn't mind trying one of their sticks especially if they are really going to offer all the custom options they say they are. Wonder what the min. order would be?

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536283&navid=DL|VAN|home

related article from CDC

my question is, what are we looking at for cost? a custom stick is great and all, but will it cost more than a mybauer one95?

On their Facebook Page i saw that it was $125 for a Junior stick with team logos, so i think the senior will be around 150, 175 at most?

That estimate seems too good to be true, but I just checked various online prices of junior sticks though and unless they're very much skimping on the junior product, could be a realistic range. On the tangent, I just can't believe anyone is shelling out $180 bones for a junior stick.

On their Facebook Page i saw that it was $125 for a Junior stick with team logos, so i think the senior will be around 150, 175 at most?

The senior stick is $149.99

Here's the info they gave me:

SENIOR/INT -

BM09 - mid curve, closed face (Easton Modano/Zetterberg; Bauer PM9 Malkin)

BM12 - mid curve, closed face (Easton Iginla; Bauer P88 Kane)

BM19 - mid curve, moderate open face (Easton Sakic; Bauer P92 Backstrom)

BM23 - heel curve, aggressive open face (Easton Drury; Bauer P91A Staal)

We also offer a BC01 curve (similar to the "Euro" pattern) and a BC05 (Lidstrom) for SR and INT.

In JR we offer the BM09, MB12 and BM19 for now.

SR flexes are 75, 85, 100 and 110; INT are 55, 65 and 75 and JR are 40, 50 and 60. All shafts can be finished in clear (gloss), shark skin (sandpaper), grip or naked; blades can be finished in clear, shark skin or naked.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to respond by email or call us directly at (888) SAVOY-77. Thank you again for your interest in Base Hockey.

$149.99 for a senior stick. You can get the graphics in blue, gold, yellow, orange, or red. Customizing is another $8. Shipping is $10/stick unless you buy 2 or more. And they come with a 30 day warranty. The email they sent me says that is Canadian pricing. Could that be right?

Can anyone compare them to anything they've previously used? Would be very interested if they're similar to Inno/Warrior.

The WheelSnipeParty guys online (just kids, but they know their stuff and have used most every high-end stick on the market for the past couple years) said it compared feel-wise mostly to the Eastons, but not quite as pingy. Other online reports/videos say that the blade gives a softer feel and accepts hard passes very well.

Does you know if you have to go there to buy a stick or can you order one just by email or something? Because theres not a snowball's chance in heck that im ever going to get to Burbany, BC.

Edit: Just read on Facebook that they will have a customizer up online soon