Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoBucky

Greetings from the land of beer, brats and cheese!

Hello all! I figured since I just joined I would say hello and introduce myself. My name is Chad, Im 30 years old, Im from Wisconsin and Im a hockey nut.

I go to as many Wisconsin Badger hockey games (men and women) as I can, as well as going to at least 1 Janesville Jets (NAHL team) and hope to go to my first NHL game this winter. Obviously, Wisconsin doesnt have an NHL team, so for the NHL I go with the next best thing: the Chicago Blackhawks.

This past winter I decided that it was time that I learned how to skate, so last winter I bought a cheap pair of Bauer skates and started skating every day. Since then I replaced the Bauers with a better pair of skates and while I definetly wouldnt say Im anywhere close to being a great skater, I can skate foreward pretty well, turn and do hockey stops. Now Im working on learning how to skate backwards and after that I intend to learn crossovers and stickhandling. Once I get all that pretty well mastered Im planning on starting to play in an open/rec hockey league. Nothing spectacular or that changes the world, hopefully just a bunch of guys who are decent skaters, decent hockey players and are super competitive but still just have fun playing a game they love.

In additon to hockey/skating, Im also an avid golfer (about a 12 handicap right now), as well as a snowmobiler and an aspiring world traveler.

For my day job I work as a generator tester (its basically quality control). For the most part its a good job. It gets a little boring at times, but it allows me to pay the bills while having a little left over to have some fun with and its a job where I dont wear my body out every day; so I cant complain.

Anyways, thats me. Im looking foreward to some interesting banter about hockey with all of you.

A BC and Badger fan. Thought I should post considering I'm a Sioux fan. Can't wait for the college hockey season.

And welcome to the board.

How many Frozen Fours have you been to?

Never been. I was planning to go last season but I ended up not having the time to. One of these years I will go, even if the Badgers arent there.

A BC and Badger fan. Thought I should post considering I'm a Sioux fan. Can't wait for the college hockey season.

And welcome to the board.

Now all we need is a Gopher fan. :wink: I cant wait for the season to start either! It should be a great year for the Sioux. IMO, they should pretty much run the WCHA and have a good chance of making the Frozen Four.

Im a little anxious about the season my Badgers are going to have. If they finish 5th or better in the WCHA, I will be happy. With all the players they lost this summer and how young and inexperienced or a team they will be, Im not expecting much from them this year. I think, assuming the players they have now stick around for a few years, they will be a very good team in a couple years, but this year will definetly be a, "rebuilding" year.

Perfect. College hockey is the best. I just moved to the Cities from Grand Forks. Going to miss all the Sioux games. I'll have to try catch one of the Sioux Gopher games down here.

I'm a Gopher fan... now we can have some good WCHA banter :biggrin:

Cool. :biggrin: I'll try to be nice. :wink:

Perfect. College hockey is the best. I just moved to the Cities from Grand Forks. Going to miss all the Sioux games. I'll have to try catch one of the Sioux Gopher games down here.

Im not sure what Id do if I didnt live in Madison anymore and couldnt go to the Badger hockey games.

Cool. :biggrin: I'll try to be nice. :wink:

Im not sure what Id do if I didnt live in Madison anymore and couldnt go to the Badger hockey games.

Hey GoBucky, figured I'd post something as Im a huge badger fan as well, currently a junior at UW. Maybe I'll see you at a game sometime!

Hey GoBucky, figured I'd post something as Im a huge badger fan as well, currently a junior at UW. Maybe I'll see you at a game sometime!

Always happy to meet a fellow Badger fan. I must admit, I always get a kick out of the student section and some of the chants they come up with and how coordinated the choreography is.

My girlfriend went to college at Maryland and went to pretty much every basketball game there all 4 years and she has often said that that student section is pretty amazing in how creative they are. The fact that you guys and gals can manage to study for your classes and still come up with all the chants and practice the dances to be able to execute them with such precision is pretty spectacular.

GoBucky, well done and keep going with your skating. It takes years but there's not a second that isn't fun when you are learning how to play hockey. For most of us, we never stop learning.

GoBucky, well done and keep going with your skating. It takes years but there's not a second that isn't fun when you are learning how to play hockey. For most of us, we never stop learning.

Thanks. Im trying my best, its just frustrating sometimes. I'll stick with it though, quitting isnt in my nature.