Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinger

TotalOne Shaft?

Guys, it isn't uncommon for online retailers to use a picture of a standard shaft as the picture for its tapered version also. I know the detailed view shows the writing at the bottom that shows the standard shaft information, but do you expect them to take a picture of the new one simply because a few words at the bottom of the shaft aren't the same?

The email information that someone posted here from a person who knew what they were talking about stated that they would get them only in 102 and 87 flexes. My guess was that the 77s simply didn't sell well enough overall on the SMU tapered One95s. The fact that it shows 77 flex on the website is likely just an error because that sort of thing happens all the time with online inventories and flex options.

Most people aren't even going to know these exist until they see them. I'd be willing to bet that's why some of their locations have no idea they're going to be carrying them.

Did the stick still perform pretty well with this setup?

I have a RBK 7K blade in the shaft now. It's obviously not going to feel like the TO OPS, but for a faction of the price, I'm not going to complain. The shaft was a tad too short after cutting the broken blade off so I had to add a wood plug. This setup weights about 473 grams with the stick taped up. For comparison, the one piece TO weights 455 grams taped up.

I am here now to set the record straight with respect to PH having TO tapered shafts. They do. In fact, I went to the Nashua store this AM for their "tent" sale and they had all three flexes, 77, 87, 102 there! A sales guy told me that they got them late last night. I picked up a 77 flex shaft for around $112 with their 20% discount. It's got the grip feature which I am not used to in the TO OPS sticks I have so I'll see how it works for me.

Now these don't have the Stick'um grip, correct. Just tactile.

you mean, like on x:60 and such? I do not believe so. I can snap a close-up photo in a little bit and post and area of the shaft if needed...

So how does this shaft kick? Will it still have the totalone mid shaft kick? Or ultra low from the taper? Ive been thinking about switching over to a mid kick shaft and it would be nice to be able to use my tapered blades.

I have not had a chance to fit a blade yet. Likely won't get to doing it till next week sometime... I won't even know if my view would be correct since I only have a prostock OPS TO that is super stiff, like 112 or so to compare. This shaft is 77 and will likely end up in a 87-90 range when fitted with a blade and cut.

So how does this shaft kick? Will it still have the totalone mid shaft kick? Or ultra low from the taper? Ive been thinking about switching over to a mid kick shaft and it would be nice to be able to use my tapered blades.

I find that my Dolomite shaft is closer to a mid kick than any of the other tapered shafts I've tried.

They most definitely have some 77 flex tapered shafts. Well, 2 fewer than they did before. The shafts have the griptac, but in comparison to any other stick with grip on them, the griptac is only very lightly sticky. Oh, and at least the ones I have aren't marked as tapered. They're just not marked at all.

I can't tell you much about the mid kick (though it does say it on the shaft) as I haven't had it out on the ice yet.

I'm pairing mine with a Harrow #11 blade and will see how it goes.

They most definitely have some 77 flex tapered shafts. Well, 2 fewer than they did before. The shafts have the griptac, but in comparison to any other stick with grip on them, the griptac is only very lightly sticky. Oh, and at least the ones I have aren't marked as tapered. They're just not marked at all.

I can't tell you much about the mid kick (though it does say it on the shaft) as I haven't had it out on the ice yet.

I'm pairing mine with a Harrow #11 blade and will see how it goes.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like exactly what im looking for. Any chance you can tell us the length? The regular TO shaft was 54" I believe. As soon as you get a chance to shoot with it let us know about the kick, yeah? Also, how the 77 flex compares to Eastons 85 flex if you have any insight on that. I really want to try a mid kick shaft and don't want to buy all new blades. Thanks!

Thanks! Any one have an opinion on if the tapered has a Mid or Low Kick? Or how the 77 flex would compare to a an Easton 85 flex SE16?

Thanks! Any one have an opinion on if the tapered has a Mid or Low Kick? Or how the 77 flex would compare to a an Easton 85 flex SE16?

I didn't take too many shots with it in warm-ups, but it is probably more of a mid kick.

Just ordered a 77 flex shaft, came out to $116 with the sale discount they're running till Sunday. Can't wait for it to get here, my One95 tapered shaft has served me well for over a year but it feels like it's on it's last legs.

Have been on the ice 6 times with the TotalOne tapered shaft and so far am liking it even more than the One95 tapered. With the One95 shaft wrist shots and snap shots were always good but slappers were hit and miss, sometimes they'd whip out and other times they'd be bombs. With the TotalOne all 3 shots feel solid so far, haven't had a slapper whip out on me yet. I have it paired up with a Warrior Dolo DD blade and the feel is great. Only thing that took getting used to was the larger/squarer shaft dimensions and the grip compared to the One95 tapered.

I personally love mine. I've had it out on the ice two times now and man does it kick. A little different to get used to coming from a low kick dolo, but not too much of a switch. I'm more of a snap/wrister shooter and I have been suprised at how well it just throws bombs. Overall I am pleased with it. Just wish the overall size of the shaft was just a bit smaller.

Can anyone compare the kick and feel to the one piece? I am very tempted to go this route. I flop so much between curves and I really like the ovi at the moment. SO my choices are this shaft and a dynasty kremlin or going mybauer for the p08. Any comparison between the one piece and shaft would be much appreciated. Not only kick and feel, but shaft dimensions as well.

I'm coming off a TPS R8 tapered in their "regular" flex which i think is a 95, kinda of a shot in the dark but do any of you guys have opinions on which would be closer on tapered Totalone between the 87 and 102 flex?

I think the R8 is a low kick shaft which will have a stiffer "feel" to it than a mid-kick like the TotalOne. With that in mind, I would go with the 102 flex.

Bringing this one back up because I wanted to see what some longer-term reviews were on the Total One tapered shaft. I know it's basically just a tapered version of the standard shaft, but what do you guys that own it think of it?