Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blues_91

Quick Skate Fix tool

Has anyone heard of the "quick skate fix tool" or sumthing, its supposed to work as a honing stone but they cost alot more ($20 cdn). My lhs say they use them instead of a honing stone and they work better.

I havn't heard of that before, but our store used to sell something call a "Sweet Stick." It was expensive, like $25, but the people that bought them loved them. They didn't sharpen the skates, but re-shaped the edge. It was kinda like those things for knives(I dont know what it's called).

does that thing actually work if so does a ccm use a 1/2

Blade hollow is determined by the user (if you have a preference) or by the sharpener. There is no "CCM hollow."

the sweet stick can be used in two ways.... first way you can rid of any burrs by using the flat side of it and using it exactly like a stone... and then 2nd, you can use the "tong" i guess id call it. lol and put the blade between it n run it heel to toe a couple of times..... all this does though is turn the edge in a bit to give it a feel of a sharper edge

No, SOME of the models... on one side of the "y shaped thing" is a flat stoning service.. says its exactly for that...