Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JGraz15

Reebok hockey article on ESPN.com

I wonder if this will affect the plants that Jofa and Koho have in Europe? Jofa makes equipment in Sweden and I THINK (not sure) that Koho makes at least some of their stuff (at least their sticks) in Finland. Would these be left intact or would they move the plants to some low salary country somewhere in order to make more money for Reebok? And I wonder if their equipment lines would be in use still but with a Reebok logo, for example, the Jofa 690 helmet, would that still be around or replaced by that new Reebok helmet?

Yeah you have right..What is going to happend?? Jofa comes from a Swedish village called Mallung and i dont think reebok wants to have their factory in a little village :P

Only prostock Jofa is made in Malung; the stuff in NA retail is China-made.

Also, another article on ESPN.com said Tony Amonte, Mike Modano, and Chris Pronger were shooting a Rbk hockey commercial in Toronto on Tuesday...a decent line up of aging endorsees...

Are you guys forgetting something?

Who makes every single NHL team's jersey?

The one thing that the NFL sells is team memorabilia.. the market for thigh pads just isn't as great as the market for Michael Vick jerseys. By the way.. ever notice the logo on NFL jerseys? The same one that's about to be on every NHL jersey if Reebok is smart.

LOL that's the first thing I mentioned about this deal. It's the leaguewide apparel sponsorship that appeals to Reebok the most.

Did you mention it in the thread? If so, just call me a parroting jackass.

Regardless, it's obvious to us at least that Reebok is probably going to try and spice up the jerseys and use their exclusive jersey agreement to sell some jerseys. Selling hockey equipment will just be a bonus.

I dont belive it. Jofa is from Sweden and why should reebok move to Sweden? 99% Pure Jofa, and is one of the biggest Hockey company..

Jofa is most likely going to be disappearing only in the North American market, it will be alive and well in Sweden and other places in Europe where it's very popular. Reebok equipment will just seem more attractive to the casual youth hockey player, it's a household name and everyone knows what Reebok is whether you play hockey or not and someone just getting into hockey probably tends to look at name brand equipment first.

This is similar to what Toyota and many car companies have been doing for years, the Lexus IS3000 in North America is the same exact car as the Toyota Altezza in Japan and Europe, same car just different badges on the outside.

Jofa has an excellent reputation and following in north america as well, converting that to rbk simply to attract casual buyers doesn't make a lot of sense either. It's much more about the arrogance of their brand name more than anything else.

Are you guys forgetting something?

Who makes every single NHL team's jersey?

The one thing that the NFL sells is team memorabilia.. the market for thigh pads just isn't as great as the market for Michael Vick jerseys. By the way.. ever notice the logo on NFL jerseys? The same one that's about to be on every NHL jersey if Reebok is smart.

Reebok just secured a deal about 6 months ago for exclusive rights to all NBA apparel. Last year some NBA teams wore Nike jerseys and shorts and others wore Reebok, this year and I believe for the next 10 years Reebok has exclusive rights and all NBA teams will be wearing Reebok uniforms. They've already taken over the NFL and NBA, the NHL is next :D.

As far as shutting down the manufacturing company location in Sweden...Swedish law makes this very difficult to do..partcularily if you are a foreign owned multi national...I would be very surprised to see this happen....the penalties used to be sort of like running over a sacred cow in India...you are then responsible for the loss and must make compensation for the next 1000 generations which will no longer be born..... :angry: