Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cds

Redlite XN10 shaft - thoughts?

I'm considering buying one, but before dropping so much on a shaft, i'd like to hear some opinions. I've done a search, and it seems like quite a few people say they've tried one or own one, but the only one who has actually done a review is Briggy (good review BTW). I'd like to hear some quick thoughts on this shaft's performance from people who have used it. Thanks guys.

Thanks Briggy, I saw those a while ago. I'd put more stock in MSH members opinions though, seeing as there's so many stick gurus on this board.

I know a couple people that have the shaft. They loved it. It is unbelievably light and holds up well from what I've seen. It's a good choice if you're looking for a top end, lightweight shaft.

Recently, I've been looking into the various top-end shafts out there because I am getting custom composite blades and need a shaft to use them with. The Redlite XN10 will definitely be my shaft, as I find it to be the lightest, best balanced, and from what most say, "fires rockets."

i prefer wood blades, since top of the line graphites are scarce where i live, so i'd never consider getting a rlxn10. i think it'd be too hard to find a good supply of light blades to match the sticks weight to give it good balance.

WIth the Red Lite XN10, just make sure you flex it a little before buying one. My LHS had some that were marked "Stiff" but were really whip flex. But remember, dont try to kill the shaft when flexing it, you'll be able to tell right away.

WIth the Red Lite XN10, just make sure you flex it a little before buying one. My LHS had some that were marked "Stiff" but were really whip flex. But remember, dont try to kill the shaft when flexing it, you'll be able to tell right away.

I found the original Responses to have the same problem with mismarked flexs. My Whip Tucker was a Stiff Tucker (although I did buy it from an LHS so i knew it was)