Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steveo

Hespeler Roberts Pattern

I tried the search function, but it didn't yeild any results.

Does anyone know what the Roberts pattern is like. When i looked at Hespeler's website it looked very close to a Modano but it didn't have any specs.

Thanks

Also, what do people think of the regular Nemesis? Are the Hespeler's similar to Inno's?

Hespeler Roberts is the same as the Inno Hull retail and is about a 5 lie. Inno used to make HEspeler sticks but they do not make them any more.

I picked one up in a local Sport Chek on the weekend. Seemed like a decent stick, but that was just picking it up and looking at it. Never had any ice time with one.

Does Hespeler make composite replacement blades? I wouldn't mind one in the Roberts RH pattern.

What would the Gonchar be similar to in any other company, Sakic I'm guessing.

It's unlike any other curve on the market. It's a heel curve that really opens up at the toe.

damn....

Does Hespeler have a mid-heel like the Modano?

The Guerin/Boughner was a YP, not sure what the one other comp curve was.

I haven't tried the Weight pattern yet. Has anyone used it. What's it good for, slappers, wristers.

I couldn't use it for anything.

ah man is it really that bad? Seemed a bit like a Drury to me. I wont get to try one until next week. I'm wondering if I can exchange all for Roberts curve. I thought the Smyth was Weight pattern just new name and evryone had good reviews on smyth curve I guess I was wrong.

Smyth is the old Roberts, Weight has a higher lie and is way fuglier. Not that Smyth is pretty.

Chadd....

Thanks for all answers, sorry I couldn't jump in sooner. been super busy lately.

You would have made one hell of a customer service rep for Hespeler. :lol: We use to answer 5-10 emails a week about curves alone. But I think i have a stumper for you. Tell me which curve is like the Gretzky.

My personal favourite was which curve is like a Probert, our customer service girl...was pronouncing it.... "PRO" Bert pattern.. :lol: she had me confused for 3 or 4 minutes before figuring it out, she said she thought there was a bert in the NHL. anyway the probert curve was 7-8 years old.

Well, I did use a lot of the product, even before meeting you guys in Toronto.

I only used the Gretz retail wood blade once, and that was years ago. My favorite was the old Roberts HMP wood blade, that was a fantastic small mid curve with loft. Similar to the Inno Mogilny comp.

Does anyone know if Hespeler is ever going to update their website, I'd ike to check out their newer stuff, like the Alpha Nemesis

Does anyone know if Hespeler is ever going to update their website, I'd ike to check out their newer stuff, like the Alpha Nemesis

I wouldn't count on it. Hespeler is no longer a company, it's just a store brand now. I believe there were a number of pics posted several months ago.

oh......so who makes their equipment now?

They subbed out production for a while, they ran with a minimal number of employees for at least the last few years. It's essentially all produced in China under contract, just like nearly everyone else. You will only find Hespeler brand gear at sport chek from now on. I wouldn't anticipate them creating new designs, though I may be wrong.

Oh man, that sucks

I guess that's why all their stuff is going for cheap now

You can thank Huffy for what happened to Hespeler. I will never buy a product from them or a company associated with them ever again.