Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

Heading to Tampa Bay

Anyone know of anywhere good to hangout in the Tampa area? Going to visit a friend over the weekend... We're planing on seeing the Lightning/Devils Friday night, any suggestions for tickets?

My only complaint about the forum was how the whole arena including the ice changed colors with the led board rings around the rink.

My only complaint about the forum was how the whole arena including the ice changed colors with the led board rings around the rink.

That's essentially every arena nowadays.

Enlighten me, how is the Forum crappy?

it's been a few years since I've been but when I was there for a Rangers/Lightning game I thought the arena was dirty and showing it's age. maybe with the Lightning change of ownership they've done a little work on it. I've been to the TD Garden in Boston several times and find that for an arena that it's almost the same age as the Forum that it's been taken much better care of.

one thing is for sure though, the Tampa fans were great people. I'm neither a Lightning fan nor a Rangers fan. I just happened to be in town for a hockey tournament and decided to go to the game and the fans were about as nice as could be.

It's been redone for at least 3 seasons now. They then redid it again this season as well as new glass, boards and Zambonis.

glad to hear that. pretty sure it' been 4-5 years since I've been. so to the OP, I take it back. one thing's for sure, I hope the Thrashers get new owners who will re-do Philips Arena. it's looks HORRIBLE right now.

Went last year for a pens lightning game.. Theres a bar called Hattricks (That JR had suggested to me when I went) that is pretty cool with some hockey gear and lots of TVs if theres a game one night you'd like to catch while your in the area. We stayed at a hotel pretty much across the street from the arena and Hattricks was a quick walk from our hotel so if you google it you should be able to find it pretty easy. Its like..in town. (not Ybor City though).

Ybor city has some bars and shops and stuff which is kinda cool.

The little harbor area where Hooters and the cruise ship is docked at has some good restaurants and a few cool little shops. Theres a trolley that you can ride for cheap that takes you around and up to Ybor which was pretty cool to see a little bit of sights as well.

If your friend lives there or in the area he'll probably have no problem getting you to any of these places. We were in TB for like four days I think. Have fun! I thought Tampa was awesome. (The arena isn't that bad but its all black and dark blue so IMO it was really dark everywhere and that made it kinda weird). There is (was?) a bar outside that you could get beers at while hanging outside the arena..its right up by the doors.