Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interpathway

Postgame Equipment Handling

MY EQUIPMENT  

407 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont dedicate a full room to my gear but it does take up a large portion of a room in my basement, where its nice, cold and fresh. I put it on a table and i customized some hangers support with some lumber. Notice those APX's, the second star of the show. My gloves and sticks are upstairs in some other room because i have so many of them. Pretty much everything, even the jock, is hanging except for my shoulder pads...which dont really need it for some reason. My underwear/briefs and getting washed in the washroom! hanging it is NOT enough for that one!

also, notice my X02 in all its splendor in the very next room adjacent to it, flashing under its slogan. Definitely the first star of the show.

751aa6f3.jpg

98c51e9b.jpg

Thats an awesome set up for sure.

Ive only been playing around 2 years and i never hang my gear out, it sits in the bag at all times, with 4 bag balls in there. My jerseys and socks would get washed every other week, underarmour gets washed after every session

If I were going to wash anything (i.e. removable liner on a shin pad) i would use something like Penguin Sport Wash, etc. They are designed to keep the pores of the eq/clothing open and not fill it up or stick to it as would a traditional detergent.

Awesome thanks.

Rocket Sport Dryer.

After every game, I take out my insoles, gloves, shoulder pads and let it run for a couple hours.

The rest of my gear don't pick up much sweat or odour so they dry up quick. I just leave them on the floor in my guest bedroom, put my pants on top of my Grit wheelie bag.

I am considering getting one of those so it was good to see a positive opinion on this unit. Now, since my 6 yo started playing more regularly (practices almost every day and games Sat and Sun) I need something like that to speed freshening up the gear for both of us. Also, would this dryer be suitable for the skates? I guess, anything that can fit should be ok, right?

I am considering getting one of those so it was good to see a positive opinion on this unit. Now, since my 6 yo started playing more regularly (practices almost every day and games Sat and Sun) I need something like that to speed freshening up the gear for both of us. Also, would this dryer be suitable for the skates? I guess, anything that can fit should be ok, right?

I put my skates in there. The heat isn't strong enough to damage the skates.

However, I don't put my hockey pants and helmet in there, the former is relatively dry anyway. The reason being it's too bulky and hangs too close to the heater because of its length. The latter I let dry naturally, and pull out the inserts to wash occasionally.

It should be able to fit a full set of senior gear nicely, maybe excluding the pants. Goalies may need to do 2 separate drying if they want to dry up everything.

A word of warning though, put it in a well ventilated area, because the air coming out of the top is going to stink.