Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

Freezing Spray

Watching the recent Heritage Classic and I noticed the ice crews using what looked like an aerosol spray to quick freeze small repair patches. Though this could be handy for some problem spots on my backyard rink. Anyone know what this is and where I might get some? Could be handy for warm beers to :)

I think it is just compressed Co2. I also saw them using a Fire Extinguisher on some bigger patches.

That's what it is. Just make sure you get an actual CO2 filled fire extinguisher and not one of the newer chemical based ones. The Mythbusters tested this for cooling beers and the fire extinguisher method was the most effective, but highly inefficient.

I believe you can use one of those cans of air for electronics and dust as well. Just turn it over and spray. Make sure you don't breathe in the fumes and wear a glove cause the can will freeze.

Go to an office supply store and get the compressed air to blow out keyboards. I tested it on a plant and it froze it. Compressed CO2

Just realized I repeated last poster.

Reading is fundamental!