Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cove

Skate help

Completely new too Inline wana play a bit this summer just as something extra to do with myself. I'm wondering if guys could guide me towards inline skates that fit like a supreme. If I can't find something in the same fit as my ice One100s 8.5EEs Ima probably start looking for a used pair of ONE95s and than mount a chasis on them. With that said I know little about the different Chasis' available and was wondering if people could possibly give me some insight into them. I've read the Sprung thread and they seem interesting despite what seems to be durability issues. Also with wheels I don't know the differences from brand too brand so some help there would be super beneficial too.

Completely new too Inline wana play a bit this summer just as something extra to do with myself. I'm wondering if guys could guide me towards inline skates that fit like a supreme. If I can't find something in the same fit as my ice One100s 8.5EEs Ima probably start looking for a used pair of ONE95s and than mount a chasis on them. With that said I know little about the different Chasis' available and was wondering if people could possibly give me some insight into them. I've read the Sprung thread and they seem interesting despite what seems to be durability issues. Also with wheels I don't know the differences from brand too brand so some help there would be super beneficial too.

others have said on here that the new mission axiom line has the same fit as the supreme ice line

Im looking into the White 8ks as my possible inline purchase. Is there any real advantage too doing an ice-inline conversion? What sort of Chasis should I be looking into if I were too do this?

Sprung/Labeda hummers/Mission HiLo are the best options imo.

I've used reeboks in the past and will not recommend anything with a tri-di chassis. They get damaged easily from blocking shots or backing into boards.

There aren't that many real advantages with an ice-inline conversion. When you take all the parts into account you'll almost always pay more for the same setup. The only advantage is the fit if you're doing a conversion, as there are far fewer choices when it comes to inline skates. And if you have funny feet like me you'll find yourself with very limited options from inline boots(which is mostly feet pain).

Sprung/Labeda hummers/Mission HiLo are the best options imo.

I've used reeboks in the past and will not recommend anything with a tri-di chassis. They get damaged easily from blocking shots or backing into boards.

There aren't that many real advantages with an ice-inline conversion. When you take all the parts into account you'll almost always pay more for the same setup. The only advantage is the fit if you're doing a conversion, as there are far fewer choices when it comes to inline skates. And if you have funny feet like me you'll find yourself with very limited options from inline boots(which is mostly feet pain).

i'd agree for the most part, except for the sprung chassis, as i have not used it, nor will i, so i shall give no opinion on that. i have used mission hilo aluminum, reebok tri-di, mission mag's, and labeda 9000 hum'er.

the tri-di's are horrible, which is probably why reebok stopped using them. the new 9k and 11k inline's will be using reebok labeda hum'er's, which are different from regular hum'er frames in that they are taller, making the boot sit higher off the playing surface.

the mission hilo magnesium is a good chassis, but is brittle (well not so much brittle as TOO stiff. i think it's good to have a little bendability because it can absorb shock). i blocked a shot and it busted a rivet holder off the magnesium chassis. they are, however, VERY VERY light. the aluminum frame is pretty average, and a little on the heavier side.

the labeda 9000 hum'er elite chassis is made of 9000 grade aluminum is suuuuuper light for an aluminum frame, and very very strong. the only downside (or upside, depending on the skater) is that it is straight 80mm wheels. some find an advantage to this, and others complain a ton about it as they aren't USED to it, and refuse to get used to it. i've skated on them now for a few hours and love them already.

as for my experience with inline specific skates, i have used the 2010 white reebok 8k's, and, i can't emphasize this enough, are GARBAGE. not only was the tri-di horrible, but the boot itself withered away quite quickly. the pump stopped working after 3 weeks, and several lace eyelets were bent and/or falling off. one of the lace-locks busted off. with this being said, i believe reebok has stepped up their product for this coming years products. they've changed chassis, and are going with the actual ice boot design which might have a few differences (much like bauer did with their rx60's).

i then used a pair of easton se16's converted with the mission mag chassis. even though they were made for ice, the boot was more durable then the reebok 8k inline boot. nothing fell apart on the boots. they were stiffer, and way lighter as well.

the skates i'm using now are a converted pair of bauer totalone's with labeda 9000 hum'er. after a few hours of skating on them, i love them. they are stiff and light. i haven't had them long enough to have an opinion on durability yet.

I have been using RBK 5k's for over 2 years and have had no issues with the tri-di. My feet have taken a beating from blocking shots and the skates are holding up fine. Maybe I just got lucky with a good pair? Even if mine break I will buy another pair of Reebok, since they are the best fit for my feet.

I had a similar problem finding a pair that fit the same as the supreme line did. I tried the missions they said were similar and I just didn't feel comfortable in them so I just ended up converting a pair of supremes on a mission mag frame and could not be happier.

If you are a light to medium weight person, rbk skates with the tri d chassis will work fine. If you weigh above this then stay well away from them as they do no take the weight very well.

Same comment applies to the CCM range. Although my next boot will most likely again be a Rbk (because its the best fit for my foot) I buy it knowing that the eyelets they use a cheap tin rubbish that rot out inside of two months, even though I dry my skates after every skate. Once they are replaced with quality eyelets then the boot is fine.

I agree with the earlier comment about the white 8k boots, I have seen many of these fall apart within a year. They remind me of the bottom end models Mission produced two years ago (Lieutenant and Soldier ranges). Rbk just seemed to get many things wrong last year and lets hope this year's range is a step up.

With all the skates I have seen over the last 5 years, the Mission mag chassis is the best for reliability - for all weight ranges and skating styles. The Labeda hummer would come a close second but I've seen a few of these frames needing some gentle hammer work after taking a slap shot.