Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hawkin

Best skates for around $100

I am looking to get some new skates and have a budget of about $100 can go over a little if needed. I was wondering what you all think would be the best skate i could get for around this price. Thanks in advance.

At that price none of them are fantastic and are pretty similar. Try them on and see what fits best.

I can relate to your "I want decent stuff but can't afford it" budget. Try Sportchek. I got CCM 600's there a couple years ago. They were regular $179 on for $119. They always have good deals. They had a pair of Missions last month for 99.99 (down from 299.99 - I think).

If you are patient, you can probably find a deal. You won't get top of the line stuff for 100.00, but you can definately get something that will serve your pruposes if you add just a bit to that.

Best Advice is to go to a LHS and ask whats on closeout.

Worst Advice is to walk in and say "whats the cheapest thing youve got"

explain your situation at the shop, "im a rec player, looking to spend X amount of dollars, what have you got" a good sales man should be able to point you in the right direction

Depending on your size, I could sell you a pair of top of the line skates that I have for around $100 if you are interested.

Mission AMP 7's are like on clearance for $80 at Sportchek I believe. They're around 2 years old but they're decent entry level skates.

Best Advice is to go to a LHS and ask whats on closeout.

Worst Advice is to walk in and say "whats the cheapest thing youve got"

explain your situation at the shop, "im a rec player, looking to spend X amount of dollars, what have you got" a good sales man should be able to point you in the right direction

Shrug....at my LHS, I asked them what they have on closeout and they gave me Quest 4s for $40...

over the summer 2 of my friends and I all needed neew skates. but we didn't want to spend a lot. So we went to pias adn foudn the Bauer Vapor2 we all love them. they were around 100.00,a nd i think they are really light. i like them much better than my bauer 3000.

I am looking to get some new skates and have a budget of about $100 can go over a little if needed. I was wondering what you all think would be the best skate i could get for around this price. Thanks in advance.

As most are advising, go online and look for items on closeout. You can't be too particular on what you want but you can find deals. I'd go to you local shop, try some stuff on and see what fits. See if you like the way CCM's feel over Bauer or Nike. Just try some stuff on and find out what size you'll need and what felt good, then keep checking online for something to go on sale that will work.

I bagged a pair of Nike Quest 2's for $150!! Usually they are well over $200. I wear a size 7D and just was in the right place at the right time.

Just don't get any Bauer Impact, CCM Rapid, or Sherwood skates or anything like that. They are just crappy from the start.

I'd wait a little while and you probably can get at set of Bauer Supreme 2000's for close to that price.

If you're talking $100 US you may be able to work something out and obtain something decent...Bauer Supreme 3000s all the way up to 5000s seem to be going for below $150 if you can find your size, they are all very good skates...Nike Quests are a good choice...the only thing I would avoid is anything from CCM's '02 Tacks lineup with the crappy non-integrated wedge.