Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axxion89

Hurricane Irene

Living as far inland as we do we weren't expecting any damage and that's exactly what we got. A couple small tree limbs came down but the rain was more steady than driving and never got anything seeping into the basement. Given some of the reports from the New Haven area, I'm really happy I didn't get stuck there in the hotel for a couple days as I was expecting. It was nice to get a couple extra days off at home, now I pay for it tomorrow as we're already scheduled for at least a 14 hour day and any delays cut into our 9 1/2 hours off work tomorrow night.

On was on the phone with my Mom in Nova Scotia checking in to see how they were doing...she had just said that they really didn't expect anything really bad until later today or tomorrow (this was about 1pm)...we chat about some other stuff...15 minutes later she said it was POURING!.

I guess it blew in quick.

The Overrated Storm of the Century! Never lost power, a few downed trees but nothing like the clowns at the Weather Channel predicted, saying it would be a Cat 1 Hurricane all the way to Mass. Not saying it wasn't bad but I had a few storms last year that did the same damage in NY and CT that were just categorized as severe thunderstorms

Didn't live up to the hype, but its so difficult to predict these things. Rather have people pissed off than dead.