Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Wade Belak found dead

A guy like Cooke has already been suspended, what, 5-6 times. Missing game checks hasn't seemed to change his behavior.

actually, the usually let him off the hook. To his credit, he has been playing a different game this year

A guy like Cooke has already been suspended, what, 5-6 times. Missing game checks hasn't seemed to change his behavior.

I haven't followed Cooke, was just addressing your hypothetical. Suspensions need to be long enough to get a guy's attention, and may need to accelerate quickly, even to the extent of season or lifetime bans. To me, it's a question of the powers that be deciding that they really want to do something. So far, they haven't shown they care that much. Lip service alone won't get it done.

Chris Nowinski of the Sports Legacy Institute is a co-director of the Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy at BU, where Drs. Cantu and McKee research. (I think Cantu is the other co-director). Kerry Goulet of StopConcussions and Chris Nowinski have essentially partnered up.

That's a long-winded way of saying that I'm pretty sure Kerry's told me that SLI and BU have studied boxers' brains in the past.