Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

Blade Patterns

Why the hell do retail patterns differ from Pro Stock patterns? Why don't manufacturers just sell the pro stock pattern at retail as well? It would eliminate a ton of confusion...

Having 2 Fedorov/Kovalev/Whoever patterns makes no sense to me, esp. since the retail version is often nothing like what Fedorov/Kovalev/Whoever actually uses - they just slap his name on it.

Because a lot of people feel the need for the bananas that get sold under the retail names. I see the minority of people actually liking "normal" pro patterns so the companies aren't going to cater to that demographic as opposed to those that like big curves. Case in point: Easton phasing out the Drury, which is actually one of if not the most popular pro pattern around. They just slap popular players' names on their to help sell them, which is why you don't see many companies putting unknowns on their blades. Easton's Tkazcuk is the prime example of that one.

There are several reasons why the retail blades aren't the same as the pro's blade. First, many pro patterns wouldn't sell as well in retail. Second, some pro's change their patterns so much that it wouldn't be economical for the companies to keep changing their mass production molds. There are other reasons but I think you get the idea.

. Easton's Tkazcuk is the prime example of that one.

It started selling well enough once they called it "Yzerman"

I think part of it is that people want to play what the top players play with and most dont know that the pros play any different than what we can get. Also I think another reason is no proship wants to have to stock all the synergy pro patterns because instead of having 5 or 6 curves and 10 or 20 of each stick they would have like 40 curves and 2 or 3 sticks per curve.

I think part of it is that people want to play what the top players play with and most dont know that the pros play any different than what we can get.

Last week, I was talking to my friend and he did not even know what is the difference betwwen a retail and pro pattern. He thought it was the samething.

They just slap popular players' names on their to help sell them, which is why you don't see many companies putting unknowns on their blades. Easton's Tkazcuk is the prime example of that one.

Easton also came out with a "Messier" pattern that year... Joby Messier. (The "Joby" was added after a few months.) No doubt in my mind, it was done to create confusion. Louisville had Mark Messier and Keith Tkachuk patterns, which were pretty popular. Easton wasn't the industry leader it is today. I'm sure a lot of people bought the Joby Messier or Daniel Tkaczuk blades, not realizing they were Easton blades, not Louisville.

Ugh, I remember that pattern. It was like a euro-looking heel curve. Or that may have been a Miller, either way I remember one of them being a banana heel.

Because a lot of people feel the need for the bananas that get sold under the retail names. I see the minority of people actually liking "normal" pro patterns so the companies aren't going to cater to that demographic as opposed to those that like big curves. Case in point: Easton phasing out the Drury, which is actually one of if not the most popular pro pattern around. They just slap popular players' names on their to help sell them, which is why you don't see many companies putting unknowns on their blades. Easton's Tkazcuk is the prime example of that one.

I for one have a Daniel Tkaczuk blade on my old Easton Aluminum. Doesn't have a big curve like the Yzerman if you ask me.