Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickchau2000

z-bubble grip vs. bauer xv

which shaft, the z-bubble grip or the bauer xv is a better buy? i can get either for pretty much the same price. but i'm not sure if the low-kick point on the z-bubble grip will give the same effect as the tapered? btw, does anyone know how heavy the bauer xv is?

The X is probably a better comparison. Depends on the price. I just picked up a Z Bubble grip for $60 US. PIAS was closing them out @ 50% off.

I have both and still like the bubble better. The XV has a better balance though. You can't go wrong with either. The blade you put in the Bubble

can make a big difference.

EDIT:sorry i didn't see you wanted the grip Z-Bubble. Durability is an issue.

durability is an issue with the z-bubble grip? is it gonna give out easily?

for those of you that have used both, which is lighter?

i was at a local hockey store and the guy was telling me he uses a z-bubble grip with one of those focus-flex blades. but i don't know if that's gonna be the same as a tapered or not.

With the Z-Carb blade the Bubble is lighter. But again the Vapor feels equally balanced all the way through with a composite blade or short hossel wood. Shooting/Passing/stickhandling are pretty much the same.

I found the Vapor to be more accurate, but not that big of a difference. I've had a Regular Green Z-Bubble for 4-5 years no problems, I bought a grip one when they came out and it cracked in about 2-4 months. The metal matrix is crap. check out my review on both.

Never used a bubble but the XV is on par with all the other light shafts as far as weight is concerned. It's also a great stick performance wise.

EDIT:sorry i didn't see you wanted the grip Z-Bubble. Durability is an issue.

Durability is an issue with the Z-Bubble grip?? Please elaborate.

I've shot a few times with a Z-Bubble and maybe it's because I'm so used to the tapered shafts/OPS now, but I just didn't like the way it felt. I have an XV and like it quite a bit.

z-bubble's have been known to blow out at the part where they start tapering.

When he says the Z-Bubble grips are notorious for breakage he makes it sound like the Grips are worse than the non-grips, is this true?

z-bubble's have been known to blow out at the part where they start tapering.

When he says the Z-Bubble grips are notorious for breakage he makes it sound like the Grips are worse than the non-grips, is this true?

that's what i thought too. but speaking of the grip, i've also heard that the grip on the XV rubs off pretty quick. is that true?

i had a z-bubble grip about a year ago and mine snapped right in half when i took a slapshot - and a few other people i know have had the same problem - that was a year ago so maybe they have fixed the problem since then - i dunno - im just afraid to buy another one cause in my head i think it will happen again

thanks for the info and tips. but one more thing. the bauer 87 flex is supposed to be equivalent to the easton 85. but does it really feel like an easton 85? i need to make sure i get a shaft with something pretty flexy because i don't have the body mass to lean into a 100 easton flex.