Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emorrison89

whats the longest you went not playing hockey

24 years, from 1990 to last year when I stumbled onto this forum looking for a pair of Langes and some new equipment, or in my case, newish old equipment from the era that I last played. The first couple of times were brutal and my hands were way worse than my feet. Been going to stick & puck about twice a week for a year now and just finished playing a full season in a pretty good local 50+ league, subbing a half a dozen times in the regular league, and last week I officiated for the first time since USA Hockey was AHAUS. My skills are pretty much back to what they were but I'm a lot slower and I really notice that my reaction time is slower for everything, even while wearing stripes.

In my case, the trigger was reading that a new rink had opened right near me but by the time I was ready to play, they closed early for the season (outdoor rink) and then announced that they weren't opening again this season at all. But I've been working out all my life and at least being in shape was a big help. I couldn't imagine having done this if I'd also have stopped working out and I was one of the only guys on my 50+ team not complaining about being unable to move the week we played 3 games in 4 nights making up for 2 snowed out games.

14 years for me. Played from the time I was 13 years old till 44. Last time I played I was working for the then Phoenix Coyotes and was playing hockey at least 6 times a week.

Decided I wanted to play again before I got too old. Bought a pair of Bauer Supreme Total One NXGs and skated last summer before playing. First time back on the ice in the NXGs I couldn't even find my edges for about the first 5 minutes due to the stiffness of the boot. Had a few doubts I could even skate again. A few sessions later, I was skating like I hadn't left. Once I started playing again last August it took my hands a little bit to come back. We have a pretty good League here in Doha, Qatar. 10 Teams mostly Canadians and my first season back I finished in the top 15 in scoring. Now I'm back playing the game like I hadn't been away.

Really glad I got back into Hockey, didn't realize how much I missed it. Playing Defense this half of the season. Think I'm going to stay on D after being a forward (Mostly Left Wing) all my Hockey life.

Almost a year after my first year of club hockey in college. Been playing regularly since, although the last few years I take a break from our Easter tournament until early August. I found I enjoy taking the summer off to dabble in beer league softball, the golf outing circuit, and lots of time on the boat at the lake. I'll start up again earlier this year to get back into shape and rehab my ankle when I get clearance from the doctors.

4 years back in elementary school (grade 3-6). Somehow lost all my confidence, gained extra baby fat, and completely forgot how to skate... Dont know how, but i started remembering it halfway through the public skate field trip.

It was embarrassing, so i kept at it until now

6 months by strict definitions but I had about a 1 year stretch were I only made 2 or 3 drop ins.