Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Fly-hairs

Equipment superstitions.... do you have them?

I keep my grandmother's rosemary in my hockey bag (in a metal box). It's the only thing I have from her and she was a hockey superfan and was following me and my consin when she was alive.

I keep my grandmother's rosemary in my hockey bag (in a metal box). It's the only thing I have from her and she was a hockey superfan and was following me and my consin when she was alive.

thats really great that you keep that with you.... grandmothers truly are the best and im sure that was awesome that she was able to see you play!

Long story short, I'm usually at the rink 40-50 minutes before my game and I play once a week in a beer league. I like getting there early so I dont feel like I'm rushing. This week I had to work and arrived at the rink 4 minutes before game time. I ended up scoring a hatty along with 2 assists. I've decided to scrap my old routine and show up 5 minutes before each game to see if I can keep putting up points.

Add a drop of liquid handsoap buffed into my visor (so it doesn't fog up) before leaving for the game. If I need to prep my sticks, then it's black tape on the blade with stickwax, white athletic tape on the handle.

Arrive at the rink at least 30 minutes before puck drop so I have time to gear up.

Postgame...drink beers in a stinky HS locker room and tell jokes.

Repeat next week.

Add a drop of liquid handsoap buffed into my visor (so it doesn't fog up) before leaving for the game. If I need to prep my sticks, then it's black tape on the blade with stickwax, white athletic tape on the handle.

Arrive at the rink at least 30 minutes before puck drop so I have time to gear up.

Postgame...drink beers in a stinky HS locker room and tell jokes.

Repeat next week.

But where's the superstition?