Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

splitbtw

Weird Tendencies

First person to show up to pratice, mostly, just like to be there in very good time, to relax and like get in the zone.

This is starting to sound like the superstition thread.

I used to listen to that song religiously before games.

I do the same with my shins. If I take out the left, it goes back in the bag.

I'm also the first to get there. I'm half dressed by the time most guys show up. Dunno why, done this since I played softball as a teen. I think it has something to do with being able to relax for a bit before its time to get up to go play.

I put on my skates before my pants, strange habit that started from hating the feeling of bending over my big pants to lace up the skates.

The zippers make it easier, but I've been doing it since my waistline expanded. That kept me from bending as easily, and also got me into bigger pants that I could slide my skates through.

The zippers make it easier, but I've been doing it since my waistline expanded. That kept me from bending as easily, and also got me into bigger pants that I could slide my skates through.

Heh, well that's more the reason I find it easier ;) Especially with the newer stiffer pants (Easton EQ30 vs my old super-flexible Supreme One15).

I still catch flack for it in the locker room though, the old Bauer Supreme 2000's are pretty floppy these days, might be time to pick up a girdle or some new pants. I also wrap all my tape left to right and put about 4 wraps around each skate just below the top eyelet.

I still catch flack for it in the locker room though, the old Bauer Supreme 2000's are pretty floppy these days, might be time to pick up a girdle or some new pants. I also wrap all my tape left to right and put about 4 wraps around each skate just below the top eyelet.

Luckily we have a couple guys who haven't washed their gear in 10 years to take the heat off me putting my pants on last :P

I'm still having trouble with the concept of chirps actually bothering someone. Who cares?

Well they don't, in my case at least. I can't speak for Scopes, though.

I put my pants on last, because I put my shins over my skate tongues, so the easiest way to do it is pull my hockey socks on, put my skates on, pull the socks down over the skates, put the shins on, pull the socks up and attach to girdle, pull pants on.

Never gotten so much as an odd look about it, honestly.

I put my pants on last, because I put my shins over my skate tongues, so the easiest way to do it is pull my hockey socks on, put my skates on, pull the socks down over the skates, put the shins on, pull the socks up and attach to girdle, pull pants on.

Never gotten so much as an odd look about it, honestly.

Same here, on both counts. That's exactly the sequence I go thru to get dressed too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well they don't, in my case at least. I can't speak for Scopes, though.

Ahah no it's a non issue, I've played with the same guys for years .. everyone has their thing. One of the forwards on our team has a shower pre-game and puts on his gear wet. Whats the dressing room for other than some merciless chirps.

Don't start getting dressed till I see a goalie lol only thing semi close to being weird that I do

I have the same tendency, but probably for different reasons....

I have morphed into a goalie, since there is equipment in the storage room that fits me, but my preference is always to play out. If I arrive and find two goalies on the list, great, I can start getting dressed. Otherwise, I wait until about fifteen minutes to go, since that is about the latest one of the goalies shows, before deciding that I'll play in the net.

Always left before right... this does not seem too different tho!

I soak my hands with water then put my gloves on before every game. I do this a few times until they are game ready comfortable!