Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stewie

boot fit

i was wondering if different manufacturers of roller hockey skates have different fit, like they do in ice. I wear CCM ice skates and am trying to find good fit in some rollers. thanks!!!

i found some axiom t7's on clearance at my LHS for 80 bones, was just wondering if they would be a good fit or if i should go after another brand. they only had like 5 pairs left but one of them was my size, but they did seem to feel a little wider then im used to in a D, towards the mid of the skate

so i tried on the axioms at another store and compared them with a few other skates, and they just didnt fit right, too wide in the ankles, so if anyone knows what skates are more narrow in the ankle let me know. I did like the fit of some reebok 8k skates i tried on, anyone wear those?

yeah, the reebok 8k skates were a nice fit, i am just not sure about the 3 different wheel size setup and what advantages it offers. its been 10 years since i have played roller hockey to be honest.

Recently I have skated on Rbk, Tour and Mission skates. The only hassle with the tri-d setup is 3 different sized wheels, a hassle when it comes to replacing them and the front and rear wear out quicker than other frames because you can't rotate the wheels with an inside pair. Other than that it is quite an aggressive pitch forward and stable enough as long as you are not a big person. If you are 100kgs+ I'd recommend a boot with a magnesium frame. Like any chassis, you need to get used to the setup but once you do then it is all good.

If you need a bit more width, some makes have R widths (which is between D & EE) as well. Alkali boast a very deep foam inner liner that will form to any width foot.

in the end i think i am just going to try converting an old pair of ccm vector 08 skates, just need to figure everything out in the meantime

Good choice mate. Like you I tried loads of roller boots and they were all too wide at the ankle. I ended up buying a pair and ditching them after one training sesh. Waste of money. I converted old bauers last week and its easy enough. There's a video on YouTube that shows exactly how. I've ended up using mission vanguard 76 76 80 80 Hilo. Look good and feel like an ice hockey skate with wheels ;-)

Good choice mate. Like you I tried loads of roller boots and they were all too wide at the ankle. I ended up buying a pair and ditching them after one training sesh. Waste of money. I converted old bauers last week and its easy enough. There's a video on YouTube that shows exactly how. I've ended up using mission vanguard 76 76 80 80 Hilo. Look good and feel like an ice hockey skate with wheels ;-)

where is a good place to get some low cost chassis, i dont care so much used or new or older models

Okay, so this is my first post in a long time and rather than starting a new thread along the same lines, I thought that I would try and post here first. I'm looking for a roller boot that will fit my foot. I don't have any preference of brand, just as long as the fit is good. The last few pairs I've tried all seem to give me horrible lace bite. I have a wide foot, so I need a E or EE width. I've tried Tour and CCM, but the Tours are not wide enough and both give me horrible lace bite. I have not yet tried on the newer Bauer roller boots. so that's still a possibility. Any thoughts on a boot that wouldn't give me such lace bite? I know I need to go to the LHS and try them on, just wondered if you guys could point me in the right direction so I wouldn't have to try on a million different pairs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...Also, have thought about the standard ice to roller conversion, but thought I'd like to try a roller boot first. Don't really want to deal with the transfer if I don't have to.

You really should take a look at our Alkali Skates. The fit, comfort, and performance is amazing. Don't take my word for it, please see our thread and the reviews on the fit.

Which part of the world are you in?

the michigan part.

I have a set of red star chassis if you're interested?

ill have to look into what that even is! its literally been 11 years since i have played roller hockey

Well... Looks like I'm going to give Alkali a try. Justin was super fast on the response email. Thanks so much Justin. I'm looking forward to the thought of a comfortable skate.

Well... Looks like I'm going to give Alkali a try. Justin was super fast on the response email. Thanks so much Justin. I'm looking forward to the thought of a comfortable skate.

I would still try on some other brands too. fit is solely based on the individual. I tried out mid tier skates from alkali, bauer, mission, thor, reebok, and even some old CCMs they had sitting around, to the point where i got a lace blister, and the skate i liked the most on my feet was a reebok 8k that was on clearance for 200. it had lace bite protection on the tongue i believe, and just a good overall fit, for me. The alkali felt pretty nice as well, but it was a bit too aggressive of a stance for me, but seemed pretty nice of a skate overall. i didnt like the fit of mission or tour at all, and bauer was somewhere in the middle. In the end it was pretty much a moot point, as im likely to just use an old pair of skates on a conversion.

I plan om trying a few on. I'm going to be open to whatever feels the best. I'm going to give Justin a shot. If those boots are the most comfortable, then I'll go with Alkali. I'm not concerned with brands or prices. Just whatever feels best. Alkali seems to be getting good reviews and Justin is awesome to deal with. I'll definitely post up pictures of my final decision.