Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Anyone catch coach's corner?

Interesting that Grapes seemed to confirm the rumor that Laviolette ran his guys into the ground the day before he played the Isles. Not sure why he would want to reward his former team like that and help them clinch the playoffs.

Will this lead to an investigation like the one back in the early 90's when Bruce Firestone, Ottawa's GM at the time, admitted to throwing the last game of the season so that the Senators could get the 1st overall pick in the draft? They ended up picking a dud in Daigle, but if I'm not mistaken, the Sens got fined quite a bit of money. This seems like a similar situation. A team throwing a game, not for their own gain, but for their coach.

Did they ever admit to doing it, or was it really that obvious? I think Firestone mentioned it to another GM after the draft, leading to an investigation, and I think it led to the league bringing in the draft lottery.

Yes he did have a very hard paractice the day before the team played the isles. The broadcasters said the practice was used to determine how fit the guys are at this part of the season. This is used to compared with the fitness tests at the beginning of traiing camp to determine how fit they are from the off season. May be B.S. just wanted to share what I heard.

The best part of last night was in between games when Cherry said Ryan Smyth 'kinda looks like Jesus'

I saw that too! Funniest thing ever :lol:

That he said if Ryan scored a hat trick he'd be God!

Yes he did have a very hard paractice the day before the team played the isles. The broadcasters said the practice was used to determine how fit the guys are at this part of the season. This is used to compared with the fitness tests at the beginning of traiing camp to determine how fit they are from the off season. May be B.S. just wanted to share what I heard.

Why not do it a day or two later? No other team did it with playoff positions on the line.

I thought the NHLPA made it mandatory to do it sometimes during the season rather than after. I agree it was BS, they should've done it on a prolongued break, or held out till they had a meaningless game like todays. Just maybe they knew they were running out of time and didn't want to hold out until the last game? Thats just me playing Devils advocate, because I totally disagree with the way they handled themselves.