Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axxion89

2012-2013 Goalie Gear Sightings

Wouldn't at all surprise me to see the entire RBK line move back to CCM. RBK revolutionized the butterfly style pad but CCM is the classic name that everyone knows and I think they may go that route. Just my 2 cents

Wouldn't at all surprise me to see the entire RBK line move back to CCM. RBK revolutionized the butterfly style pad but CCM is the classic name that everyone knows and I think they may go that route. Just my 2 cents

Like I said, the only reason RBK bought CCM was for the licenced apparel NHL contract CCM had. That's where the money is, not in hockey equipment. With that contract expiring soon, they will sell off CCM if they don't renew.. The posturing process has already started by bringing back CCM goalie.

And the Goalie Gear Facepalm of the Season Award goes to HeadStrong for Brian Elliott's new mask... what's wrong with this picture?

elliott_2.jpgelliott_1.jpg

Hint: there's a reason both pictures are needed... :facepalm:

Hahaha yep.

Part of what's going no is that Elliott has long been a fan of Pro's Choice masks made by Dom Malerba, who used to make the custom 'Vapor' masks for Bauer's pros after Jerry Wright retired, but Dom and Bauer had something of a falling out. He now makes pro masks for Vaughn. Basically, Elliott likes his masks better than 960s, and PC puts Vaughn branding on all their masks -- though usually not spelled wrong.

Either that, or Elliott knows there's going to be a new NHL team north of Toronto, and he's already got the municipal name on his mask. :laugh:

I saw a tweet from Darren Pang that said Halak's skates cost $1200. I know custom skates are more expensive than retail, but what kind of skates is that guy wearing?