Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axxion89

2012-2013 Goalie Gear Sightings

http://ingoalmag.com/gear/carey-price-new-cmm-gear/

Haven't been on the site much lately due to work but when did this happen, just popped up in the bookface! Will be interesting to see how it plays out with Reebok, especially since Price had been one of Reebok's goalie studs as far as marketing from what I have seen. Does anybody have more info on this?

Wasn't a huge secret, but a secret nonetheless.

There's going to be a couple more NHL goalies in it as well. Not really competition with Reebok when it's the same company.

I haven't looked into it too deeply, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Larceny line moved to CCM and probably renamed.

Edit: looking at the pics, I DEFINITELY wouldn't be surprised...

There is supposedly going to be some kind of partnership between Vaughn and Sherwood, which would explain the above Vaughns.

As far as I know vaughn bought up the sherwood goalie department and Dave Wilcox is coming over to help run things.

Also thus far it appears Bernier, Schneider, and Lehtonen will also be in the Extreme Flex Pros, which have to be the worst name for any goalie line ever.

There are more detailed pics of them floating around. The glove is the thing price wore all of last year the famed 600 mitt.

Pads are what you would expect out of Lefevre

Missing a T in there...it's called the Ventus. Replaces the Epic line, new for 2013.

I'll scan the catalogue at some point but it's not as much a priority as others.

Missing a T in there...it's called the Ventus. Replaces the Epic line, new for 2013.

I'll scan the catalogue at some point but it's not as much a priority as others.

Thanks. Is the Vision line still in play then? I thought that picked up where Epic left off.

Curious to see the catalogue.

Whatever the flat face pad was called, it replaced it.

Yeah, the Vision 9500 line. No NHLers were in them and maybe 1 or 2 OHL guys.

Cam Ward was still in an Epic blocker and gloves last season and again this year with his new graphic setup. I guess you get what you want when your a poster boy.

CamWard.jpg

8009416908_9561a3ae88.jpg

Errr..wait. Maybe the Velocity 7990? Vaughn has the V5 7800, the Velocity V5 7990 (which is the V5 with no knee rolls), and the 9950 Vision that replaced the Epic line.

ScreenShot2012-03-27at7.33.43AM_original_display_image.png?1332848152

DaniarDshunussow.jpg

Don't mean to bug you on this, just been a Vaughn user for a long long time.

The 7800 V5 is the flagship velocity line, that most vaughn nhler's wear. Kari, Ward, Rask, Backstrom, etc

The 7990 is a recent new flat faced version of the main velocity line with some other minor tweaks. I believe it is the second run of this such pad, Josh Harding wore them this past season.

The ventus is the new epic/vision which is vaughn's stiff flat faced "reebok" pad. Bachman wore them last year and Harding wore epics prior to last year for a bit. Also rask has a skinned 8800 epivision glove. Kostenko, that young caps prospect also had a pair during development camp.

The 8800 gloves were fairly popular among nhlers and the public, the pads not so much.

The 7490 and 7460 are the senior versions of the 7990 and 7800 respectively.

Yes, Vaughn did a great job of making a confusing number/lineup configuration.