Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slapshot

Itech's New I2 Mask

What rink?

worthington's... right after they "refinished" the ice... lol.

Also, back on the "white on the inside" topic. I'm not exactly sure if there is alot of merit to the advantage of white being inside the mask. I mean, there's no light inside your helmet to illuminate the white enough for your eye to distinguish it as white... it will just look like shadowed bars (ie. grey or even black) wouldn't it?

I would think bar spacing has more to do with your vision than anyhing.

I would think bar spacing has more to do with your vision than anyhing.

bar configuration is a big part of it... but they did do test on reaction time wearing black, chrome, grey, and white.

white does allow for the quickest reaction time picking the puck up with the eyes. still bright enough inside a mask to notice a difference.

its kinda funny that i support this product, since i don't work for them anymore... oh well.

Prenny207:

bar configuration is a big part of it... but they did do test on reaction time wearing black, chrome, grey, and white.

white does allow for the quickest reaction time picking the puck up with the eyes. still bright enough inside a mask to notice a difference.

its kinda funny that i support this product, since i don't work for them anymore... oh well.

I can now see why they came up with the grey cage first. They new that black was great for sales but bad for vision. They new that white was the best for vision and reaction time but bad for sales. So...they went half-way inbetween with GREY. However, grey is grey and probably did not do well in sales as it does not look as good as black and does not perform as well as white.

The next obvious step was to produce the I2. It probably cost them more to make but who cares when you have the best cage on the market.

I think this new cage makes sense. Where can I see one in person?

im sure one of your local hockey stores has them in stock.

otherwise go to www.itech.com

where are you located?

Justin 1933  Posted on Dec 6 2004, 04:33 PM

I work for them

Justin1933: My younger brother is a goalie, any idea if they will make a goalie version of the I2?

Looking at close-up pictures of NHL goalies you'll sometimes see the inside of their cages are grey, but the outsides are usually silver. I'm not sure how common the grey is, as I've only noticed it once or twice - I think it was Olaf Kolzig who had it.