Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slapshot

Itech's New I2 Mask

I recently got the new I2 hockey cage from Itech. It's totally amazing. I always liked black cages but they were so hard to see through sometimes. I switched to a full visor but was getting tired of wiping it every other shift especially in the third period. So when I saw this cage, I thought it made perfect sense. The white on the inside really makes it easy to see through and my reaction time feels like its much faster. I read that the black on the outside (besides looking cool) actually works the same way that Football players put black paint under their eyes before a game. It absorbs the excess light to reduce glare. I don't like the way the Bauer grey cage looks and I also read that the chrome ones can reflect light into your eyes.

Anyways, if you are looking to get a new cage, or are still wearing a black one, try Itech's I2, it really does work. It's easily the best cage on the market.

Sorry, I forget to add that if you want to see the cage, you can check the website www.itech.com. They actually have a live video demonstration of the I2 cage. It's pretty cool.

well ultimately, he stated the exact points of why they made the mask. improved vision and reaction time were there research points and reasons for the design... they do not use the black however for the "football reasons". simply the fact that nobody likes the white outside. there were posts about this same topic months ago.

Sorry guys, I might not be reading the posts correctly, but I don't work for Itech. I just tried out their new cage.

GekigangarIII: That's cool that you work for Itech. Did you work on the I2 project?

GekigangarIII: That's cool that you work for Itech. Did you work on the I2 project?

slapshot... don't think he works for them... i think he was poking fun at how detailed your review was.

OK, now I feel stupid! I should of saw that coming.

I didn't think the review was that detailed. The information was mostly from their website and I just thought I'd share with the readers that I thought it was a good product.

So many times companies make big claims that don't live up to the hype, so I was surprised that this one actually did.

With all these $200 sticks breaking all the time, it was nice to see a product go back to the basics.

OK, now I feel stupid! I should of saw that coming.

I didn't think the review was that detailed. The information was mostly from their website and I just thought I'd share with the readers that I thought it was a good product.

I was just razzin ya a bit there. But hey, it sounds like you really like the product and it works well for you, which is the most important thing. It might help others that look for similar things in a cage. You should write up a more detailed review and put it in our review section!

They are nice. I've got one on my 8000, and I really do like it. I had been wearing masks for years, so the transition to the cage took a little time, but now I really don't even notice it.

I'm really thinking of getting one. My old Jofa is beat to crap. I always prefered the style of the Jofa over the Itech, though.

the new i2 cage was designed to have more of the jofa look... not exactly the same of course, but much closer than in the past.

I like the new shape of the I2. As prenny207 stated, it does look very similar to the Jofa.

The performance advantages (reaction time, increased peripheral vision and for me better face-offs) make it an easy choice when you are looking at other cages. Its just something that becomes pretty obvious when you first put it on.

The real difference is in the corners or when the puck is in your feet as when there is a scramble in front of the net. I found that the white on inside makes a huge advantage. The black puck jumps right out at you.

With my old black cage, Sometimes I would temporarly lose the puck since I use black tape on my stick and practically everyone else wears black skates. I found myself shifting my helmet slightly up and down to get my eyes to look through the black bars to find the puck. It became very annoying.

I'll put it to you this way: The only way I would wear a black cage ever again is if the ICE way painted BLACK and the PUCK was painted WHITE!

I'll put it to you this way: The only way I would wear a black cage ever again is if the ICE way painted BLACK and the PUCK was painted WHITE!

Now THAT would be interesting... Easy enough for a rink to do I should imagine. A haloween special game maybe?