Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2012 Trade Show

The annual hockey trade show is coming up soon, October 16, 17. If you have any specific questions regarding fit comparison, flex comparison, questions for manufacturers, etc... this is a good place to put them. I will do my best to compile everything before we leave and address everything while we are out there.

Chadd, you know how Bauer has released diagrams showing the relative stiffness sections of their sticks (the red, orange and yellow sections)? Do you think you can see if other companies have the same thing with theirs? I know one can guess which section is which just based on giving them a little push at various spots, but all the same. The RBZ and Mako I have particular interest in.

• What path is going to follow CCM's next skate line
  • Is there going to be 3 lines for easton (such as the ST)
  • Is there going to be some of the mission vents features in the bauer roller line
  • Is there any kind of similarity to what AIREAYE mentioned, but for skates?
  • Will the next mako skates be riveted?

• What path is going to follow CCM's next skate line
  • Is there going to be 3 lines for easton (such as the ST)
  • Is there going to be some of the mission vents features in the bauer roller line
  • Is there any kind of similarity to what AIREAYE mentioned, but for skates?
  • Will the next mako skates be riveted?

Don't know what you mean by my reference.

The new CCM skate will be tweaks, nothing drastically new.

For skates?

Yes. As in relation to the previous stealth lines (before the RS); and EQ series/Mako. Hope that clarifies my skate question

thanks Chadd.

Don't know what you mean by my reference.

The new CCM skate will be tweaks, nothing drastically new.

I'm not sure it's helpful as Bauer Skate construction seems pretty homogeneous.

What I mean is that different region of the skates have different materials and stiffness (take the s17 for example with their recoil technology) it could be interesting to see skates with different stiffness rating in different zones, hence the different colours)

What do you mean by helpful? That's what they're doing with the new CCM skate from what I've heard lol

If you want to hear specifics, then wait I suppose.

The skate idea is interesting, I can see that as being a marketing tool of sorts.

"Hey look how my top-end skates allows more forward flex than a competitor's skate!"

What do you mean by helpful? That's what they're doing with the new CCM skate from what I've heard lol

If you want to hear specifics, then wait I suppose.

Absolutely, I was curious that's all.

The skate idea is interesting, I can see that as being a marketing tool of sorts.

"Hey look how my top-end skates allows more forward flex than a competitor's skate!"

Exactly what I was on about.

mission has had stiffness ratings on their skates in the past

Yes, that's where most of the idea comes from and although the stiffness ratings are not always accurate but for durable skates, it can be a good indication, although longitudinal & lateral flexes aren't necessarily correlated.

I'm really disappointed. I know the major manufacturers haven't wanted to do the show for years, it would suck to see it come to an end.

It does make it harder for me; I don't work in a store, so I don't get to see the product when it's being shown to buyers. That and Bauer being on the West Coast this year...

Luckily, we have Winterfest, which is a tradeshow, but I'm busy doing other things to actually check out the product. Think I'm going to have to work on going to them instead. I try to go to Warrior after WF, looks like I'll have to schedule that this year as well.

It's the first time they have not attended since they started. The other manufacturers have all skipped a year.

More attention for the little guys! Though for sure, the less and less major manufacturers attend, the more the show suffers; I get that.

More attention for the little guys! Though for sure, the less and less major manufacturers attend, the more the show suffers; I get that.

Due to the small size of the industry and the show itself, time is never a factor anymore.