Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t6lock

Need lip balm suggestions

been using the medicated burt's bees and so far so GREAT. i ABSOLUTELY love the taste of it i almost want to eat it. i find it very similar to buckley's cough syrup which i could also drink by the pint. i never understood those commercials when they said "it tastes awful and it works" because i think IT TASTES AMAZING AND IT WORKS gonna give my shift button a break now

haha no buckleys tastes awful. But I keep a bottle of it in my jacket pocket when I'm sick and just swig away :) Too bad about the shortage, I could have really used it last time I was sick.

Reading these forums got me to try Burt's Bees. I got the one with peppermint. I use it during the day and I use a Nivea chapstick for sleeping. I sleep with a CPAP mask so my lips tend to get quite dry and Nivea's "greasier" texture seems to protect my lips well. The combination of both works well so far.

Burts Bees. There is nothing better.

Can't agree more!

Reading these forums got me to try Burt's Bees. I got the one with peppermint. I use it during the day and I use a Nivea chapstick for sleeping. I sleep with a CPAP mask so my lips tend to get quite dry and Nivea's "greasier" texture seems to protect my lips well. The combination of both works well so far.

I love the original one, but thought the peppermint and other flavored ones were a bit weird. Definitely a different texture. Have you tried the original as well?

Burts bees makes one that is pomegranite oil based. That one is awesome for moisturizing, i.e. keeping your lips from cracking to start with.The hemp oil ones are great too. I forget who makes them...To me Chapstick, or anything waxy is only good for going out in the wind for long periods, kind of like putting duct tape on your face when youre out going 60 mph on the sno-go.

haha no buckleys tastes awful. But I keep a bottle of it in my jacket pocket when I'm sick and just swig away :) Too bad about the shortage, I could have really used it last time I was sick.

I have a bottle of that stuff in my medicine cabinet that a friend gave me 8 years ago.. NASTY!!! I'd rather cough :)

Burts bees makes one that is pomegranite oil based. That one is awesome for moisturizing, i.e. keeping your lips from cracking to start with. The hemp oil ones are great too. I forget who makes them... To me Chapstick, or anything waxy is only good for going out in the wind for long periods, kind of like putting duct tape on your face when youre out going 60 mph on the sno-go.

I have a bottle of that stuff in my medicine cabinet that a friend gave me 8 years ago.. NASTY!!! I'd rather cough :)

I managed to find some while I was in Canada over Christmas, despite the shortage due to the factory's temporary closing. Boy did it come in handy last week. nom nom nom