Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t6lock

Need lip balm suggestions

the cold weather itself warrants the need for some lip balm but its also really bad after im on the ice, my lips peel a ton (and yes i peel it off to make it worse). besides stopping the obvious, anyone have suggestions of some good lip balms? ive read and heard to get the ones with shea butter, but i did some searching and there are a ton. dont want to spend more than about $10

also trying to limit the time i spend in a makeup/skin care store :)

You're in Canada too, so you should have a "The Body Shop" somewhere close.

Pick up one of their Hemp Lip Protectors. (Their hemp hand protector is also money if your hands fall off in winter).

They have a very small section for men, so you won't be totally out of place.

Just use Vaseline (or any other Jelly Petroleum product). Much more effective than any other lip balm out there.

Usually a bad idea. What you need is moisture, not a layer of lubrication to keep moisture out. Lip balm is what you're looking for.

Burts bees sometimes, most of the time i use the Carmex clickey one, i love that, after hockey and my lips are torn up, i put it on and the pain is gone and they're better within the hour

I haven't used Carmex before (never heard of it). I'll give it a shot. I just have a hard time imagining anything being better than burts bees!

the burts bees gets too waxy and melty in my pocket (live in az)

the Carmex one doesnt get too melted and its nice, its the moisturizing lip balm i use the strawberry flavour, and its not too strong either so i dont have to smell it so much like others

i did some reading online and webmd had this list of ingredients for a good lip balm, and it turns out the burt's bees had the most matches so im gonna try that. not too worried about it being "melty" its warm for like 2 months a year in vancouver

i still do need to change my habits though. if my lip is peeling ill usually rip it off AND THEN put the balm on, i should probably just leave it and put the balm over it. i just hate walkin around with my face peeling off for everyone to see

forgot to mention, ive just been using the ChapStick brand stuff pretty much all of my adult life, just came so conveniently in those costco packs

p.s. while i was doing all this research, i was picking at my upper lip lol

My favorite was something from Japan, years ago, in a nice quality metal tube, with the twist knob on the bottom. It was a gift, and didn't have a brand name on it.

i did some reading online and webmd had this list of ingredients for a good lip balm, and it turns out the burt's bees had the most matches so im gonna try that. not too worried about it being "melty" its warm for like 2 months a year in vancouver

i still do need to change my habits though. if my lip is peeling ill usually rip it off AND THEN put the balm on, i should probably just leave it and put the balm over it. i just hate walkin around with my face peeling off for everyone to see

forgot to mention, ive just been using the ChapStick brand stuff pretty much all of my adult life, just came so conveniently in those costco packs

p.s. while i was doing all this research, i was picking at my upper lip lol

I hate the chapstick brand, i've found that one never did anything and made my lips worse.

I live in AZ so it gets hot in my pockets so i said "melty" haha cause it has melted before.

Chapstick brand is awful. Does about as bad as using Vaseline. Zero moisturising ability. It's more of a protective coating (just like petroleum jelly aka Vaseline) than an actual lip balm.

assuming u dont lose the lip balm, how long does it last? i feel like i've had this chapstick stick for like 3+ years

Probably a long long time. I'd just leave one in my "misc crap" bag (also containing tape, my mouthguard case, laces, etc).

I use some Blistex in a gold tube come serious wintertime. Warms on contact and smells like vanilla and pancakes. The ladies love it.

The only one I like is Lip Medex by Blistex. It sort of soaks into the skin, so it doesn't feel like there's a barrier over your lips. And, not that we're trying to eat this stuff, but some of them have a terrible taste, whereas the Lip Medex is okay if you happen to lick your tongue over it.

carmextubue.jpeg

I'm partial to Carmex and or Blitex.

These tubes are good cuz even when they melt they are still usable and don't make a mess.

Who was the one that said stay away from Carmex, why?

Also Bag Balm is a good old trusty lip balm.

http://bagbalm.com/index.htm

been using the medicated burt's bees and so far so GREAT. i ABSOLUTELY love the taste of it i almost want to eat it. i find it very similar to buckley's cough syrup which i could also drink by the pint. i never understood those commercials when they said "it tastes awful and it works" because i think IT TASTES AMAZING AND IT WORKS gonna give my shift button a break now