Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

Buffalo Sabres fire Head Coach Lindy Ruff

About time.

The Sabers have a lot of talent. If they hire a coach who can get them to play to there potential, they will be tough team to play.

Hate the Sabres....always have, always will...but strangely, I liked Ruff. He'll find work again...probably quiickly. The NHL is a very recycle friendly league.

But, maybe Rochester's coach getting moved up (if that ends up happening) will give Hamilton a better chance at making up the ground they need to make the playoffs.

I'm guessing the last straw has been the scratching and utter failure to develop Tyler Myers into the kind of player that he should be by now. To be honest, while Ruff has failed with some good teams, I think the Sabres problems go another rung or two up the ladder from just the coaching. On the plus side, we'll never have to hear how many coaches have been hired and fired since Ruff took over in Buffalo again.

If Thomas Vanek isn't playing to his potential then I can't wait to see what happens when he does.

I'm guessing the last straw has been the scratching and utter failure to develop Tyler Myers into the kind of player that he should be by now. To be honest, while Ruff has failed with some good teams, I think the Sabres problems go another rung or two up the ladder from just the coaching. On the plus side, we'll never have to hear how many coaches have been hired and fired since Ruff took over in Buffalo again. If Thomas Vanek isn't playing to his potential then I can't wait to see what happens when he does.

Does that ever get mentioned when the Bruins play the Sabers??? :wink:

I think between Ryan Miller's increasing frustration and the degradation of Myers, who has the size and ability to dominate this league, this was a necessity. Whatever Ruff was trying this year wasn't working.

Patrick Kaleta was bitching about being a healthy scratch...and Miller went off on him, publicly. Be interestng to see how this plays out. Miller may not wear a "C" but he is definitely the voice in that room.

Why play Kaleta when you've got the exact same player in Ott except he can actually play a little bit. I hate both guys but having Ott and Kaleta on the roster is redundant.