Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

W.Heinle

REEBOK KFS Shoulder Pad

Many use "KFS" technology. That stands for Kinetic Fit System. It relates to "moveable" part on the pads so they stay in place as your body moves. Look to see if they are Hybrid KFS, 11K, 9K, etc...

i used them for about 4 to 5 months i liked them alot. i now use the ccm cl i like a lil better because there so light but the KFS hybrid were great shoulders pads very mobile.

They are excellent top of the line pads and will offer him plenty of protection. They are, however, a rather different type of design. It features a padded shirt with a shoulder pad over it in a two piece design. If he likes them, great. If not, you might want to find a more traditional pad. In the RBK line you can look at the 11K or even 9K. The CCM U+ CL has gotten alot of press, and you can see from the comments above many people like them. I for one do not. I bought and then sod them after a couple of games. In the end, as we always say, its personal preference. Try on as many as you can and find a protective pad your son is comfortable with. All the top of the line pads will likely do the job.

Good luck.

I used the hybrid KFS pads for a couple of games and felt like I was going to die due to heat. The padded shirt was way too hot for me so I went back to the traditional 9K Shoulder pad. Tried the CCM CL shoulders and the neck hole was too large which led to constant shifting of the pads. OTW great pads if you can keep them on straight.