Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LearDriver

Options for rocker?

Eventually I'm going to need to replace my skates. They're older Flite Ravens with a Suregrip 405 (I think) chassis. All I've ever had are rocker chassis and I love them.

Is the only option, with today's market, putting smaller diameter wheels on the ends, or is there a chassis somewhere out there for me?

My skates are in great shape, but no doubt newer stuff is a bit lighter and has better technology.

I'd go with Sprung frames. I read that there's been a breakthrough and a new production run has been set up, and they should be available in a couple months.

I'd go with Sprung frames. I read that there's been a breakthrough and a new production run has been set up, and they should be available in a couple months.

Where did you hear that? I hope it's true and the A6X arms finally get produced. That'd be great news.

I've read on here about Sprungs and they sound interesting, but I'm guessing there is some back story as to why they're not producing them now?

LearDriver, if you love the SureGrip 405 set up, just get an ice boot and have it converted and put the Suregrip chassis on the new skate you buy.

LearDriver, if you love the SureGrip 405 set up, just get an ice boot and have it converted and put the Suregrip chassis on the new skate you buy.

Yep, I think that's what I'll probably end up doing when the time comes. Great idea. Thanks!

Ill be looking into the sprung chassis as well especially if they can use all 80s.
I have newer reebok 9ks with the straight chassis and i have a love hate relationship. i have to go with reebok bc their Es is the widest in the foot where i need it (but its still not wide enough TBH, i keep the bottom of my foot very loose.)
but the big problem is that im 250lbs and roller skates just cant take that. i mean the composite bottom of my skate bends down enough that the wheels rubs a channel into the bottom of the footbed. thats not just these skates but a roller problem. I also have trouble stopping at times as well as turning. i feel helpless when im banking so hard into a turn that the boot is scraping on the floor and i just cant get it tight enough.
I think something like the sprung would help with this, but is it worth taking the chassis off a roller skate chassis to pout on another? is problems that can happen bc of this? Im also going to say here that i was going to buy an ice boot and convert them but was talked out of it by the store rep.

Question:

So is it possible to buy just a boot somewhere? Or would I be looking at buying a complete skate, removing the existing chassis and having mine put on? Also, who offers services like this? I don't know if our local (ice) pro shop can do this, but I'll ask.

Looks like I'll be needing a new pair of skates sooner rather than later. Just looked at mine and the boot is starting to separate from everything attached to it. Hope it lasts another game or two! :facepalm:

ETA: Picture - circled area is where the separation is beginning.

NeiARJU.jpg?2