Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaucoup_fish

The NHL's biggest pylons (my bad)

My votes goes to Nik Antropov and Karel Pilar. Pilar is just terrible and Antropov is almost as fragile as Vince Carter who, btw, is the most pussy pro athlete ever. Get outta town VC, we hate you.

Drake Berehowsky was horrible in pittsburgh last year, can't believe the leafs took him off their hands.

I think the Leafs have a thing for reclaiming former leafs...Berehowsky...Clark...Gilmour...

Gilmour led the habs to the second round the year before and Clark was one of the best playoff producers they ever had no matter what age he was. Berehowsky was a back-up D incase they had alot of injuries, Jackman wasn't willing to sit on the bench and was awful for giving the puck away in key situations. He's a good fit in Pitts, he's a plays like a star D, but isn't steady enough to be one yet, just like most people in Pitts, they need to work out their kinks.

Kovalev is a puss, but i wouldn't say useless.I hate lindros everytime the guy gets hit he gets concussion(not that it is his fault,except the his head is down). Also I think Sundin is productive but he is a puss and i don;t really notice anything spectacular bout' him, cept' at the World cup.

Sundin a puss? Yeah right. Sundin doesn't throw the body around all the time, but he hits and will take hits. Definitely the biggest pilon is Brashear. Seriously.

How is someone who led the league in third period points last year overrated? He gets hyped up because he plays in Toronto, but hes still a stud.

I guess because I used to live around Toronto and all I heard was people say how good he was. When you live near Toronto, you find he is over rated.

Todd Harvey

Bucky last year

Brash has scored some decent goals and has quite good hands. Same with Oliwa. At times he looks lost but he scored a few gems in Calgary the last couple seasons, as well as shown he has fantasticly soft hands (for a meat)

I say Belak. Like how was that guy a first round draft pick? I wonder how he played before the show (in junior/ncaa)

Not great, better that what I expected, but not generally first rounder numbers. I actually thought he has been playing alot better as of late, I thought he was great in the Philly series.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=11360

Keep in mind Belak was D until pretty recent. I kind of like him. Hes a pretty good fighter and isn't a huge liability out there. I think he played very well with the potential twins (Antropov and Poni).

I'd consider Hull a Pilon because he doesn't backcheck. Sometimes Mogilny, Bure comes to mind, but the problem is these "Pilons" generally aren't out there to be defensive experts. Stevens and Kaspar seem to be 2 guys you expect to be better at defense than they are.

Pilon= a guy that's slow and immobile and might as well be used as a cone.

It's also supposed to be spelled pylon...

I don't think you need to be slow or immobile overall to be a pylon, just put yourself in situations were you are useless. My examples were guys who are generally quick and mobile, but don't put the effort in to stop guys. Or else the run out of position in contain situations making them easy to go around.

Then you're wrong. Pylon should be reserved only for the worst of the worst. See Rich Pilon, Dale Purinton, et al. Turnstiles on ice.