Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blues_91

Are my skates all worn out?

I've been skating in my Graf Supra Elites(similiar to 502s) since Spring season, and camps until now. I notice I can fold my skate in like a shoe...is this a bad thing? I can't really afford to buy new skates right now. :huh:

Edit:heres a pic

picture0330nz.jpg

They might be, but I know I've had skates for up to 3 years and did crazy things like that, and it never seemed to bother me too much. If you dont really notice a difference, why buy new skates?

Some people like very supple skates, and cannot wear them if they cannot flex their ankles side to side as well as up and down....others need boots built like a tank to hold everything solid, side to side, if not fore and aft....It's all in what works for you..there is no "better or worse". Of course if you LIKE a stiff skate and they are behaving like yours.....then you may want to consider a change.

I just got my G-35s a little over a month ago, and I can just about touch the top three eyelets together. As long as you can skate in a softer boot, you should be fine.

I tried my frinds graf 609s after skating in vapor xx's for the whole year. I can do that with his skate and i just couldn't get a good eel in those. Turning and stopping felt really different. the only ting i could think of that would be bad would be getting hit with a puck. there wouldn't be much protection by the looks of it.

my friends in his 3rd year with his airs, and can bend the sides of the boot like a 10 yr old shoe. he still uses them, and must like them though

do you guys lace your skate up using all the eyelids?

I lace them up to the second eyelet, but I have recently been experimenting with droping down another...