Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire Walker

Southern Alberta Flooding

Having had to help rebuild my grandparents house after a couple of floods, my heart goes out to everyone in southern Alberta. It's not an easy, or fast, process.

1 block away from the evacuation zone here. Dodged a pretty big bullet. Downtown completely evacuated and empty.

Saddledome has water up to the 8-10th row. Locker rooms and media control room all flooded. Equipment all lost. Memorabilia lost.

Stampede in less than 2 weeks. Confident that city can rally.

Thought our 2005 flood was bad, but this is nothing like ive ever seen.

Drinking water still safe out of tap - big kudos to Services here for keeping the city going.

Looks like floods are supposed to hit here tonight, evacuation of local campsites taking place. Looks like i helluva lot of mess and work to come right in time for summer... Really sad for anyone involved; its truely disgusting seeing people take advantage of people during such times of hardship $42 for a flat of water and a $90 hike on room rates- get real. Kudos to the relief effort and support

1 block away from the evacuation zone here. Dodged a pretty big bullet.

Glad to hear you're OK, I've been wondering about it the last few days.

Glad to hear you're OK, I've been wondering about it the last few days.

Thanks bud, I think/hope we're through the worst now.

Now the city will have to deal with the clean-up and onslaught of the mosquitoes.

Maybe the Flames need a volunteer EQM to help out with all the new gear!