Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meals

Remote Online Fittings / Westside Skate & Stick/ Graf Shops

In the market for new skates, I lived in NY 2/3 of my life, then Michigan then Florida now Austin Texas. Thus my access to skates and good fitters is limited. I did an online fitting at an unnamed store where I sent pics, tracing measurements ect and was told the Graf 735 was the skate for me. However, besides from ordering them online I don't have access to them in Austin. On that note, anyone know of any other shops that do an online fitting? I would like a second opinion.

Also, I will be in NYC for work and was thinking about checking out Westside Skate & Stick. Really I want to go to a shop where I can buy my skates, get them baked, and profiled if need. The shop really needs to carry Graf's andI am also interested in the Graf custom food beds too...

there are a lot of skate shops in manhattan and brooklyn. sorry i dont know any of them off hand as im out on the island. but you shouldnt have a problem finding one in nyc.

West Side had a lot of Graf models when I was in there late Spring. The employee helping a figure skater with fit said they were Graf's largest dealer in the US. Like JR said about Graf in another thread, West Side had almost all of Graf's models, and very little of anything else--Bauer Supreme One.7's and CCM U+10 skates or something like that. If you're interested in Graf, I'd recommend them. Also, I'm pretty sure they include a custom Sidas insole with a purchase of Graf skates.

The only problem with Westside is while yes, the service is great, they are in NYC which means you're paying above retail for everything.