Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

Haglunds (bauer bumps) and dress shoes what do you do?

I find i have to do same thing as when i had issues with skates is to apply moleskin to my heel. Anyone have success with dress shoes? Maybe VHfootwear can build me a custom moulded dress shoe :laugh:

If they're leather or otherwise good material you can get them punched, or stretched or whatever a good cobbler will call it. Just to make a little extra room. I have found this to be one of the only places being a girl has been advantageous; most of time time now if I have to shop for dress shoes I just look for open back or strappy heels and I don't have to worry about cramming the bump in. But I've asked a cobbler about it in the past and he said I could bring heels with a back on them and he could stretch the material a little bit.

$100 shoes will last you one year

$200 shoes will last you two years

$300 shoes will last you fifteen years

GENERALLY accurate (YMMV based on wear of course).

The ones I bought last year I fully expect to last longer than me, with proper care and replacing the soles eventually when it comes time.

Agreed. Stick to shoes with REAL leather (calf skin). Grain-leather like what is in a lot of shoes like Cole Haan cause hell for your feet. I would recomment Allen Edmonds. Great shoes at a pretty reasonable price. Hand made in the USA too.

Agreed. Stick to shoes with REAL leather (calf skin). Grain-leather like what is in a lot of shoes like Cole Haan cause hell for your feet. I would recomment Allen Edmonds. Great shoes at a pretty reasonable price. Hand made in the USA too.

AE is a pretty good place to start. I'm partial to Cheaney, partly because they are hand made NOT in the USA :lol: