Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vernsie

Size Differences between Bauer and Alkali

Hi All,

New to the forum, and new to roller hockey. I wanted to order some Bauer skates online to replace my old pair, but Bauer wont allow shipment outside the USA - probably because the skates I wanted are 300% more expensive here in Oz through the Bauer distributor than in US! So, I have decided on Alkali CA4 or CA5 - can anyone answer a simple question that I have not been able to find an answer to - if I take a size 12 in a Bauer, would I take the same size in Alkali?? I live in a small town with absolutely no hockey/skate outlets, so online order is the only option.

Cheers

Vernsie

Sorry to disagree with Justin but It depends how you fit your size 12 Bauer. If your toes brush (or are close to) the toe cap then I think you need a 12.5. Guy I play with is a 10.5 in CA9's and RX60's but 10 in other Bauer / Mission skates. I'm a 6 in Bauer / Mission / Rbk but a 6.5 in ca9's and RX60's. If you have around 1/2cm of space (pencil test) in your Bauers then you could get into a 12.

Thanks to both for your responses... after my post to the forum the shop (Hockey Monkey) measured the insole of the Alkali skates for me and it seemed almost a direct match to (my very old) Bauers I have here (Alkali actually longer by 1cm it seemed), but the proof will be in the pudding! I'll post again when the skates arrive and I've tried them on.

I'm a size 10 US for my shoes and an 8.5 in Alkali,
Although I believe when I tried on the AC1s early this year I was a 7.5 which i'm pretty sure is the same sizing as bauer.

Speaking to this topic in a slightly different way how does sizing of Mission to Bauer work? And which Bauer line are the current Mission skates most like? I keep hearing the Supreme line but don't know if it's true or Internet gossip. And if they are alike are they mostly similar or it's just that the Mission line most resembles the Supreme line but isn't identical to any.

Length wise, Mission and Bauer fit the same, Bauer changed the Mission size when they purchased them (post Boss SE line). Bauer fits narrower than Mission which is akin to the vapour versus supreme line.

New skates arrived yesterday - Alkali CA4's in size 12 - perfect fit, and so from that it would seem my old Bauers and Alkali are a match in terms of size. I used them last night (couldn't help myself! - they arrived within hours of hockey practice) so have a few blisters and tender spots today.

So, related question - baking the skates - can I bake with the wheels on? They are the Labeda Grippers on the CA4, so a different wheel to on the CA5's in the Alkali baking video... no problem at all leaving wheels on, or should I take them off as a precaution? I work in a Biology Dept at a University, so was going to use the drying oven set at 75 degrees C, and them follow the video instructions... any words of warning before I take the plunge??!

Yes, you can bake your skates with the wheels on. Our skates are designed to be heat fitted, so most of your fit issues with be resolved with a heat fit.

Hi,

Just bought CA9 RPD for my daughter in size 5, she previously had Tour in same size (slightly too large) but Alkali seems to be smaller in size (checked the insoles) in length mainly

What can I do to ensure proper/better fitting ? Baking with my home oven as in France no shop have skates oven ? If yes, how much time and what temperature in Celsius ? Is there an how to somewhere ?

Thanks in advance

Eric

Got the skates baked yesterday, she will train on Friday : will give you her feedback if baking improved her 'fitting length' but I might have to buy her new skates in 5.5 or 6 size soon

Anyway I will mesure length for both Alkali and Tour insoles in centimeters (both 5 size) : it might help other people

Hi, it's still too small in length, I've checked both Tour and Alkali insoles in size 5, here are the results in millimeters : Tour 254mm / Alkali 242mm

I have a picture of the Alkali insole inside the Tour one so everyone can see the difference but don't know how to upload it ???

Hi there. Based on this, you should be a size 12 in our Alkali. We recommend 1 to 1.5 below your current shoe size. I hope this helps.

Hey Justin,

Do you guys make the RPD Comps.in 8.5? Every site I've gone to only has 8s and 9s. I wear a size 10 shoe and ordered a pair of 9s. Do you think they'll be too big after a baking session? Or still fit well?

Thanks

Image here : http://s23.postimg.org/m9jupceyz/alkaliunnamed.jpg

According to the last training, I might have to buy her new Alkali skates in size 6 or Tour Thor EX1 in size 5, hopefully it's Black Friday so I might have a good rebate on the listed price

Bought her during Black Friday, the same Alkali CA9 RPD in size 6, she will get them in January when her grand parents will come back from US

Hope she will be happy with it this time, I will post feedback and insole sizing