Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bengerm77

Which new skates closest to OLD mission pro to skates?

So my Mission Proto VR's died last week. They're ten year old skates, so I'm not too terribly upset. But now I have to look for a replacement. I know that the new mission boot is NOTHING like the old one, so which company is? I've been looking at the new Alkali offerings and, while interesting, I'm not sure about the all 80mm wheel setup. Also, Bauer's vapor boot is the one I have for ice skating. What do I do? What's my next inline skate?

well bauers roller vapor boot is pretty much their ice boot, so depending on how muhc you like that fit that may be one way to go.

i like the all 80s, theyre even better if they are recessed a la tour or new alkali. Justin is from that era of mission i believe and he is now the man behind Alkali but like Koval said boots today are a little bit wider than back then.

A vapor will not even be close to your old VR. It will fit nothing like your current skate. I am not saying the Vapor is a bad skate, in fact I think it is a good skate. If you are looking for a skate that will fit similar, you should check out our skates. They will not fit exactly like your current skate, but the mold-ability of our skates is amazing. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly at justin@alkalihockey.com.

I was pretty upset when my Mission Protos died. If I were you I would take the opportunity to try out all new skates. I'm really intrigued with the new Alkali skates, but I have been on hi-lo's since I staked skating so I think it will take me some time to get use to the all 80s, and I'm not currently in the market for new skates yet.

For the most part other then Mission and Alkali, everything is going to be that companies ice boot. Even then Mission is going to be similar to Bauer boots.

Alkali for sure.
I went from the Mission wicked light 3s to Alkali because It's the natural progression.
They're designed and made by more or less the same group of people that made the pre Bauer Mission & that's what makes them perfect.

All 80mm is awesome I won't go back to Hilo.
The only downside is launching isn't as quick for the first 2-3 steps because your trying to get more wheel moving, after that you wind up and speed is amazing.

Go Alkali and you wont look back! :)