Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Precision

Bad ankle rubbing on new Bauer MX3 custom

I've got about 10 skates on my custom bauer mx3 skates. They initially were rubbing very badly above my ankles to the point where it was like rug burn. It went away once I put superfeet insoles in them however I'm not sure I like how the superfeet pitch my feet but I'm wondering if that rubbing is due to an improper fit or simply because of them being brand spanking new skates

Rubbing is a sign of movement which is a sign of a bad fit. Given the problems you have repeatedly had with these skates, aren't these questions better asked of the person who fitted you?

If the superfeet pitch you too far forward you can always have a negative profile put on the steel to compensate.

So I skated today and in my rush I forgot to put my superfeet in, already late I skated with no footbeds. My feet were all over the place between no footbeds and wearing dress socks but I didn't get any of that rubbing I had before. Not at all

Rubbing is a sign of movement which is a sign of a bad fit. Given the problems you have repeatedly had with these skates, aren't these questions better asked of the person who fitted you?

If the superfeet pitch you too far forward you can always have a negative profile put on the steel to compensate.

Go to black superfeet not negative pitch.

So I skated today and in my rush I forgot to put my superfeet in, already late I skated with no footbeds. My feet were all over the place between no footbeds and wearing dress socks but I didn't get any of that rubbing I had before. Not at all

I love skating in dress socks.

The superfeet black are for flat feet which I don't have. I contacted bauer custom and they are sending me a new pair of MX3 footbeds and I'm going to go from there. Initially as I said before the only reason why I bought the superfeet was because above my ankle on the sides I was rubbing bad enough that it was cutting my ankle. I have 3/8 heel lifts too, between the two of those things it's just too much pitch. I'm having the lifts removed and see if the mx3 footbeds work and the rubbing has gone away. I'm so much more fatigued between the knee bend of the heel lift and superfeet.

I had this same problem on my left outside ankle, I am also in superfeet yellow. I was skating every other day for a while (before school got out and the rinks got crowded), doing edge work for the first few minutes when I stepped on the ice. I noticed it was rubbing mainly when I went on my inside edge. The size is correct, there is no way I could go smaller.

I think it is just part of the adjusting to a new boot process. My ankle is heeled just fine now and isn't rubbing at all. It will take awhile to heel, but you will get used to them. I also had hot spots on the inside of my forefoot initially, but my skates fit like gloves now. Just give it time, you'll be okay.

do the customs have the same rolled boot top cuff that shows in the pics of the stock skate?

if so, what is cutting/burning the ankle area?

I skated today with my heel lift and superfeet still in and top speed is usually a strong point but my knees are so bent between the two I get burnt out super fast and backwards skating is more difficult to do so efficiently I've noticed with them vs without