Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

Happy Hanukkah to me...

Happy Hanukkah to me :D...

Wayne Gretzky autographed Mitchell & Ness authentic vintage Oilers jersey with display case:

dsc020428zj.jpg

dsc020456bj.jpg

dsc020467fb.jpg

dsc020546lx.jpg

dsc020557wm.jpg

dsc020562xs.jpg

Team signed 16x20 photo of the 1980 miracle on ice celebration right after the USSR was defeated, it is framed and matted:

dsc020487me.jpg

dsc020494rd.jpg

dsc020504eo.jpg

I've been wanting this Gretzky jersey for years and finally got it. The 1980 team signed photo isn't a present, I just bought that myself around the same time I received the signed Gretzky jersey and figured i'd add it in with the pics.

How much that run ya?

I pm'ed you the price, I don't really want to post it publicly, not sure how people would react lol...

Dang, all I got for CHanukah was a hockey jersey that I bought for myself. Then again, that's what I love about Chanukah. You realize that you'll spend as much on other people as you would on yourself, so no one ends up buying anyone anything.

It's nice, but why Mitchell And Ness?

I'm anal when it comes to memorabilia...a jersey brand he actually wore, or double logo'd jersey would've made it more authentic in my eyes.

working on the Gretz jersey myself, and like you said gotta go with the authentic pro jersey with the double logos on the bottom. Doesnt need to be game worn but def signed. Nice pickup for your wall Accord, like the USA pic with signature too.

It's nice, but why Mitchell And Ness?

I'm anal when it comes to memorabilia...a jersey brand he actually wore, or double logo'd jersey would've made it more authentic in my eyes.

Gretzky never wore a CCM jersey during his tenure as an Oiler, all Oilers jerseys from the 1982-83 season up until the 1988-89 season were made by Nike. CCM did not begin making Oilers jerseys until the 1988-89 season, and Gretzky was traded to the Kings during the summer of 1988, so he wore only Nike jerseys when he was an Oiler, and if you're looking for the most authenticity possible, CCM is definitely not what you're looking for. M&N jerseys are as authentic as it gets as far as old throwback jerseys go, unless you go back and find an authentic 20 year old jersey (not to mention they pack a price tag of ~$700 unsigned if you're lucky enough to find one) and get Gretzky to sign it, which is next to impossible, M&N jerseys are the next best thing.

The CCM authentic jerseys that are signed by Gretzky are just modern Oilers jerseys with Gretzky's name on the back, M&N jerseys are identical reproductions of the exact jersey that he wore during the 1986-87 season. The stripes on the bottom of the jersey, around the sleeves, etc. are stitched on and everything unlike the CCM authentic where the stripes are just part of the fabric.

M&N specializes in exact reproductions of vintage sports uniforms, they're the most respected name in the business and it's well worth the extra cost. M&N autographed vintage jerseys hold their value better than any other brand and pretty much all autographed jerseys of former legends in all sports, such as Walter Payton, Larry Bird, etc. are made by M&N.

do you work for M&N?

lol, no... i've just been collecting auto'd sports memorabilia for years and anytime anyone says anything about the authenticity of items I own or something or asks why I bought one item over another or something of that sort, I like to just explain to them why it is I chose item A over item B and go into detail about it.

I've given this same M&N speech many times because a lot of people that don't collect auto'd sports memorabilia or don't collect/wear throwback jerseys have never heard of M&N before or have heard of them but just don't know much about'em. I just love talking about this stuff and could go on for hours :D.

That is true.

But...I did not mention CCM, did I? :)

It's hard to get an authentic Oilers one because they were made by Nike. LA's getting hard to find, but you still can find some Starter ones if you want NYR.

That is true. 

But...I did not mention CCM, did I? :)

It's hard to get an authentic Oilers one because they were made by Nike.  LA's getting hard to find, but you still can find some Starter ones if you want NYR.

haha, good point :).

Yeah that's true, but even so, Gretzky basically has a monopoly on his own autographed memorabilia (can't blame him, if I were in his position i'd do the exact same thing) and the only place you're able to buy his merchandise is directly from his company (Wayne Gretzky Authentics) or from a WGA dealer and they only offer CCM or M&N jerseys as far as the choice of autographed Oilers jerseys go. I'm sure if you were lucky enough to find an authentic Nike Oilers Gretzky jersey in good condition, you could send it to WGA and pay a premium to have Gretzky sign it at one of his upcoming signings.