Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUINS_FAN_74

Quality sharpen in Northern San Diego

SDIA in Mira Mesa is your best bet. I don't trust the kids at Escondido.

as opposed to the kids in mira mesa?

there is no quality sharpeners in san diego. you're going to get different results every time. even the guy at that small shop next to the kroc sucks when a one man shop should produce more consistent results.

as opposed to the kids in mira mesa?

Yes, I've had pretty decent results from the guys at mira mesa, especially the short guy with the beard.

I'm very fussy with my sharpen, hmmmm.... maybe I'll just put up with the flat bottom V or use my RBZ skates as I have both pairs of my skates with me. How is SDIA with boot stretching? Want to stretch my RBZ from E to EE.

I'm very fussy with my sharpen, hmmmm.... maybe I'll just put up with the flat bottom V or use my RBZ skates as I have both pairs of my skates with me. How is SDIA with boot stretching? Want to stretch my RBZ from E to EE.

Nowhere in SD has FBV unfortunately. That's why I ship mine off to noicing. If you want standard hollows SDIA is fine as long as you get either the short guy with the beard or the skinny tall guy. Both I've had very good sharpens from. I've had my skates sharpened twice at Iceoplex and both times it was pretty meh.

Might be a quality custom radius shop coming to the new rink in Poway late this summer. It will offer Blackstone FBV, traditional ROH sharpenings and more.

Will try and post more details when I have them.

The new Carlsbad rink actually did a fantastic job on my goal skates. Very happy. No FBV though.

The new Poway rink is the new practice facility for the Gulls. Details on their website.

They'll hopefully have some info about the shop moving in there soon.

Good news for the SD hockey community.

The shop in Poway will be run by my buddy who currently runs the Parkwood Pro Shop in Great Neck NY. He's set to move out to SD by the end of summer. Phil is meticulous with his sharpenings and will not cut corners.

I'll try and find out some more info. I'll also be out there for and extended stay and see you guys on the ice.

Phil mentioned there might the the possibility of mailing in blades once he sets up shop. The turn around and cost should be very quick and minimal if you are close.

The Poway pro shop will have some gear initially and will eventually expand as the facility grows and becomes a 3 sheet arena. (The shop's initial location will likely be moved to a more centralized area once the other two sheets are completed.) And because it will be home to an AHL team, you may also see pro stock sales periodically.

They'll hopefully have some info about the shop moving in there soon.

Good news for the SD hockey community.

The shop in Poway will be run by my buddy who currently runs the Parkwood Pro Shop in Great Neck NY. He's set to move out to SD by the end of summer. Phil is meticulous with his sharpenings and will not cut corners.

I'll try and find out some more info. I'll also be out there for and extended stay and see you guys on the ice.

=