Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Draft lottery

damn, I was hoping Pittsburgh would win the #1 pick. They deserve after it all these years of getting slaughtered. Give them a few years, they could be a young talented bunch of guys.

At least the Caps have the cash to bribe Ovechkin's way out of Russia. It would have been sad watching the Pens draft him and not sign him, complaining about money the whole time.

well this just stinks. can't say this makes me too happy being a pens fan, but as chadd said, there would probably be a huge problem getting him over and signed. patrick didn't seem to mind much at the possibility of not getting him. i read somewhere that they would be just as happy getting the second guy. another highly ranked russian i think. can't find that article.

I probably wrong about this, but if there is a lockout there will not be a draft this year. So the next draft will have a double cohort of eligible players including sidney crosby. Wouldnt that be interesting?

Guest phillyfan

Would have been nice for the Pens to take Ovechicken, Fleury, Malone, ect and make a run at the AHL championship. Well, it may not matter anyway, no NHL next year, no more Penguins. What would happen to teams such as the Penguins and their draft picks if they fold? Another lottery?

The Pens will get sold off and moved, they won't fold. If a team did fold, there would be a draft and teams would take turns selecting players from the organization. I say they won't fold because they own their AHL team and they make more than most AHL teams.

I probably wrong about this, but if there is a lockout there will not be a draft this year.  So the next draft will have a double cohort of eligible players including sidney crosby.  Wouldnt that be interesting?

The lockout wouldn't start until September 15th, if I'm not mistaken, the day the current CBA expires. Well after the draft.

there's always been talks about moving them to portland. i don't think the nhl would let a team fold.

The Portland thing would last for about 5 years before they'd move on. After the initial buzz, people would stop coming. Judging by how much hockey there is in Portland and its neighboring towns (3 rinks, 2 organizations), I really doubt it would work, which is too bad, I'd love to have a team out here.

JR, thats sweet how your rink got some ink in USA Hockey.

I don't like the lottwery system. I think they should the last place team the first pick and so on. I think this would work better, but there could be problems with this method.

Well I think thats what the caps did in a way. They wern't winning with all there overpriced baby's so they traded them all so that they had a reason to fall even further in the standings. The Pens kept working and tore it up the last part of the season and they deserve the pick for not giving up even though they still finished last. Oh well, the Rags and Caps always have a ton of ex-Pens so now the Caps think they might as well get them before they even play for the Pens in the first place..:(

They would need a new building and the city is in financial trouble, as is the county. The people in Pittsburgh won't go no matter who plays for the team, they shouldn't even bother.

Why don't they just give that team up already. Noone wants to see them play, and Winnipeg is dying for another team. Atleast in Winnipeg they will have a market.

Winnipeg can't support an NHL team. The Coyotes are losing less money in Phoenix than they would be losing as the Jets.

hell, i wouldn't mind them moving to indianapolis if it was at all possible. we were close to getting an ahl expansion last year. hockey was big here back in the day, i'm sure it'll grow again. the ice still draw in a decent crowd even though they're in the chl.

Just doing a bit of searching around & i came across this thread that is almost 1 yr and 4 months old!

Now...it's kinda funny to read the posts again, with the Pens having Sidney Crosby...lol.

I know we're talking about 2 different draft years...but nonetheless...I think FireOnIce228 says it best: "This sucks, no more ovechkin for the Pens! I hope whoever the Pens draft becomes just as good as Ovechkin."

:lol: :lol: :lol: