Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCabe24

Blade Suggestion

I picked up an ultra-lite to start the season and still have yet to find a blade I liked for it

I had a TPS PTC Tkachuk curve but that broke and I replaced it with a Z-carbon si core Sakic which I find blade heavy and I can't get used to the curve

I need suggestions on a good blade that won't cause the combo to the blade heavy and I want a curve smaller than a Sakic, also with a low lie

I haven't used my ultra lite as a game stick since OPS came out, but I used to LOVE them with bauer supreme 3000 blades. At least that's what I think they were, the black ones with the harpoon system in a P71.

Do you prefer wood or comp?

The Z-carb is a very light blade, so if you don't like that you're not going to find anything considerably lighter. Maybe try a CCM Vector120 in a Doan pattern? The V-60 hybrid is light too.

I have a TPS ProStock woody in mine and I really like that combo. Doesn't seem blade heavy to me. But if I threw my Z-carb back in it, it'd feel even lighter.

I dunno why the stick feels so heavy with the si core Z carbon in it

i had a normal grey z carbon in an intermedaite novius shaft a while ago and it wasnt blade heavy

either the si core blade is heavier or i just got a bad one

oh and i prefer composite for those wondering

I'm a big fan of the Easton hybrids.

One of the guys at the rink bought one from the PIAS around the corner for open hockey and it snapped on the second shot. He ran down, got another and it snapped on the second shot as well. We've also had guys using the same one for a year.

One of the guys at the rink bought one from the PIAS around the corner for open hockey and it snapped on the second shot. He ran down, got another and it snapped on the second shot as well. We've also had guys using the same one for a year.

Maybe he bought two from a bad batch?

Maybe he bought two from a bad batch?

Sucks to be out $60 because of a bad batch.

4 years ago I used some Easton junior blade and went through 1 every 2 weeks. I don't know why I kept buying them but near the end of the season I bought one from a different store and it lasted 2 months. I went the the original store and they said it must have been a bad batch. Cost me over $300 in blades in peewee.

4 years ago I used some Easton junior blade and went through 1 every 2 weeks. I don't know why I kept buying them but near the end of the season I bought one from a different store and it lasted 2 months. I went the the original store and they said it must have been a bad batch. Cost me over $300 in blades in peewee.

We got a good deal on Modano jr wood blades so we stocked up.