Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyrakos

Which glove is lighter? and more comfortable?

you probly wont notice a difference so get what is more comfterable. the difference is probly not more than like 25 or 30 grams. we cannot tell you what you well think is more comfterable.

I've tried on just about every model glove and the Vapor XX had them all beat for comfort. So, I'm assuming the Vap XXX will be just as good or better. I haven't tried it yet.

I've never worn or even tried on a nylon Eagle glove before so i'm not sure how they compare in weight to leather Eagle gloves, but 13" Vapor XXX gloves feel heavier than my Eagle X70i's, however comfort wise the XXX's have the Eagle's beat due to the increased mobility which certainly makes up for the barely noticeable weight difference.

If I had to decide between the Vapor XXX or nylon Eagle's, i'd go for the XXX in a second.

(I wonder if Sande trigger finger palms would work on the XXX?)

In my opinion if you are looking for the following the following company's product would be suitable.

For Weight - Sande or Eagle

For comfort - vapor xx(x) (never used them, just tried them on)

Hmm, do your Eagle gloves have plastic inserts in them? That'll shave some weight.

I think I might get some XXX gloves. I'd have to send them off to get the back of the cuff closed up. I hate gloves that feel flimsy on the back of the cuff.

Hmm, do your Eagle gloves have plastic inserts in them? That'll shave some weight.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but nope my X70i's don't have plastic inserts.

Hmm, do your Eagle gloves have plastic inserts in them?  That'll shave some weight.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but nope my X70i's don't have plastic inserts.

unless you custom ordered them with them, they shouldn't.

I think I might get some XXX gloves. I'd have to send them off to get the back of the cuff closed up. I hate gloves that feel flimsy on the back of the cuff.

The Fedorov gloves of my brother have plastic inserts and they are extremely light. If they are heavier than the XXX gloves, it's just a difference of a couple of grams.

I can only compare nylon M-1s against Vapor XXXs but I would have to say that although the Vapor XXXs are light, the nylon M-1s were/are lighter. I don't really notice the difference in weight when I am playing though. What I do notice is that the Vapor XXXs fit very well and have a nice feel. I seem to have a lot more movement with my wrists and fingers in the Vapor XXXs than I did in the M-1s. The M-1s had a lot of movement in the fingers due to room but I didn't feel as if the movements from my hands were being transferred completely through the glove. The Vapor XXXs are tighter gloves but have a lot of movement regardless of the lack of extra room that the M-1s have. Bauer just seems to have gotten it right with making this glove feel more snug but still very mobile. The M-1s were great gloves but I am happy I switched because the Vapor XXXs just seem to work for me better.

The only thing I noticed in my first game with Vapor XXX's was that coming from Sande's, the top cuff was feeling a little restrictive. I haven't really noticed anything different coming from my Sande's in terms of weight. The only thing that I could recommend would be to try one Eagle and one XXX on at the same time and see which you like more.

The only thing I noticed in my first game with Vapor XXX's was that coming from Sande's, the top cuff was feeling a little restrictive. I haven't really noticed anything different coming from my Sande's in terms of weight. The only thing that I could recommend would be to try one Eagle and one XXX on at the same time and see which you like more.

I totally agree, when I tried on the XXX there was literally no "backwards movement" at all because the top cuff was so stiff and absolutely would not move. I could not bend my wrist back at all, not even in the list bit. I'm sure that i'd get used to is though.